What’s on your playlist? - Page 4 - Off Topic - Stop and Step

What’s on your playlist?

BlindHaze

On 7/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, Mentholdan said:

A random guess because Page is on the Les Paul ill go Kashmir. 

Good guess, but it was Black Dog - they do play Kashmir a little later on in the gig, Page isn’t looking so smart at that point though 🙂

Now for a bit of a novelty song - I love this just for Ron Mael on the keyboard.

Edited by BlindHaze

51 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

Good guess, but it was Black Dog - they do play Kashmir a little later on in the gig, Page isn’t looking so smart at that point though 🙂

Now for a bit of a novelty song - I love this just for Ron Mael on the keyboard.

I wouldn't call it a novelty but I can see why some people would. I preferred Amateur Hour and I did own Kimono My House but don't remember what happened to it. Weird strings though as only yesterday I read that when John Lennon saw this on Top of the Pops he phoned Ringo and said "wow, I've just seen Marc Bolan and Adolf Hitler doing a duet. " Whilst on the subject of glam, filming is taking place now of a film starring Timothy Spall called Marc Bolans shoes, with Spall sporting extremely long hair and beard. I've seen shots of filming but all I can say for sure is its set around the glam rock scene of the 70s and is due for release September 2022 to coincide with the 45th anniversary of Bolans death. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back home and recovering from surgery. Need a drink as I’m traumatised after they switched from general to local anaesthetic at the last minute. And I’m allowed to drink as they switched from general to local anaesthetic at the last minute….

Anyway, this is what I’m listening to with a bottle of beer on the side. Probably someone you’ve never heard of, but you can definitely hear a lot of 60s/70s influences despite being released in 92.

As a side note, I was a bit shaken when they decided not to knock me out, but they asked me what music I’d like to listen to during the procedure to try to make it as comfortable as possible. To give it some context, I managed to listen to this whole album whilst under the knife. 😖

You can tell a lot from someone's record collection. Here's my all time favourite albums "in no particular order" 

Ommadawn. Mike Oldfield

We are the quarry. Morrissey. 

The Ramones. The Ramones. 

The Slider. T. Rex. 

Purple Rain. Prince. 

Damned Damned Damned. The Damned. 

Dark Side of the moon. Pink Floyd. 

Bridge over troubled water. Simon and Garfunkel. 

The River. Bruce Springsteen. 

Greatest Hits. The Turtles. 

Ziggy Stardust. David Bowie. 

The Runaways. The Runaways. 

The man who sold the world. David Bowie. 

Greatest Hits. Matt Monro. 

Flamingos. Enrique Bunbury. 

Wish you were here. Pink Floyd. 

Unicorn. Tyrannosaurus Rex. 

Pearl's. Elkie Brooks. 

Venus and Mars. Wings. 

Captain Fantastic. Elton John. 

20 there with some doubles. I could have easily put another dozen or so. 

If I had to pick a number 1 I'd go for Unicorn, not the best of the bunch but it's the one with the best memories attached. 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:04 PM, BlindHaze said:

Ms Haze heartily approves - she’s seen Green Day many times 🙂

Hope all well mate, nothing serious re the op? All the best. 

11 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Hope all well mate, nothing serious re the op? All the best. 

Nothing serious thanks mate. Just very uncomfortable. I can’t really move from the couch and think I’ve watched everything on Netflix twice!

I’m not great with needles or anything medical really, so it’s mostly in my head. Hopefully back to some kind of normality next week, I’m even missing getting up at 5am for work….

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

Stop encouraging her…. 😉 

Some suggestions. 

Third finger left hand, Martha reeves and the vandellas. 

Matrimony, Gilbert Osullivan. 

Marry You, Bruno Mars. 

Chapel of Love, The Dixie Cups. 

White Wedding, Billy Idol. 

I Wanna Marry You, Springsteen. 

The Boy I'm gonna Marry, Darlene Love. "my favourite" 

Let's Pretend we're married, Prince. 

• Like 1

My first beer in a fortnight. Ms Haze and I are watching the Freddie Mercury tribute/AIDS awareness concert from 1992 on DVD (yeah, we still own a DVD player). Bit of a wide variety of artists and they also perform their own material as well as Queen covers. Some good stuff here.

C538F2B0-9EB6-4992-A5B0-694AC888F75F.png

Edited by BlindHaze