What’s on your playlist? - Page 8 - Off Topic - Stop and Step

What’s on your playlist?

BlindHaze

7 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

BTW 16th September is on a Friday this year. I’m not sure if I’m driving or taking the train. I live about 10 mins. from Morden underground station and it’s a straight through run from there but if there’s a train strike on that day I’ll have to drive.

I’ll be getting the train. The 16th looks free from rail strikes at the moment, but you never know what could happen with the RMT… 😞 

On 8/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, BlindHaze said:

I’ll be getting the train. The 16th looks free from rail strikes at the moment, but you never know what could happen with the RMT… 😞 

Is there any way to pm here?

8 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Is there any way to pm here?

Yep, if you click on someone’s profile, there should be a little envelope just underneath. Or you can reply to the one I sen you 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Friday night, so beer and music time. Over 30 years ago, the AIDS Awareness concert (more frequently called the Freddie Mercury Tribute) took place.

We know what Bowie’s capable of, but Annie Lennox also gives a fantastic performance when trying to cover Freddie’s side of the duet.

8 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

Agreed it’s a classic and a reminder that Xmas is lurking just round the corner☹️

Not wishing to annoy everyone, but I did about 90% of my Christmas shopping last week. I have an Amazon list that I update over a few months and recently hit the buy button… the great thing about Christmas presents is that the majority of them have absolutely nothing to do with Christmas and can be bought all year round!

12 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

Not wishing to annoy everyone, but I did about 90% of my Christmas shopping last week. I have an Amazon list that I update over a few months and recently hit the buy button… the great thing about Christmas presents is that the majority of them have absolutely nothing to do with Christmas and can be bought all year round!

I’m getting Darren a bonus for Christmas, sorry but couldn’t resist 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

I’m getting Darren a bonus for Christmas, sorry but couldn’t resist 😂😂😂

Don’t get him Horus, that could be a zero bonus!! 😂

1 hour ago, BlindHaze said:

Friday night, so beer and music time. Over 30 years ago, the AIDS Awareness concert (more frequently called the Freddie Mercury Tribute) took place.

We know what Bowie’s capable of, but Annie Lennox also gives a fantastic performance when trying to cover Freddie’s side of the duet.

I had no work today so had a late night trawling YouTube last night. Bobby Darrin, Cilla Black, Al Green, Don McLean, Glen Campbell, Harry Nilsson, Rebeka Del Rio, Roy Orbison, Travelling Wilburys The Ramones, to name but a few.

2 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

I had no work today so had a late night trawling YouTube last night. Bobby Darrin, Cilla Black, Al Green, Don McLean, Glen Campbell, Harry Nilsson, Rebeka Del Rio, Roy Orbison, Travelling Wilburys The Ramones, to name but a few.

Some great choices there,. Don McLean played at the Cliffs Pavilion in Westcliff (just down the road to me) a few years back. Sadly, it was to no fanfare and pretty no one knew it was taking place which was a shame.

I need to listen to the Wilburys again, Handle With Care is a great song. Roy steals the show in that one.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:02 PM, BlindHaze said:

Some great choices there,. Don McLean played at the Cliffs Pavilion in Westcliff (just down the road to me) a few years back. Sadly, it was to no fanfare and pretty no one knew it was taking place which was a shame.

I need to listen to the Wilburys again, Handle With Care is a great song. Roy steals the show in that one.

My cousin was a full time minder for The Wilburys, he’s worked for Freddie Starr, Norman Wisdom and Englebert Humperdinck in the past, some great stories. Wrestling a gun from a guy in a hotel with Sinatra, Freddie Starr taking his entourage to Spain, but changed his mind after all the luggage was loaded on the plane and another about Humperdinck that’s better left until he’s dead 😀

Friday night beer with the better half. We really like this place, it does a lot of local beers, but best of all is their music. 
09B37D6A-007E-4FF7-9FFB-8B45BE850CFB.thumb.jpeg.a3513ed0b20a0454f10694a191f8d84e.jpeg

The pub owners are rockers, no juke box, just vinyl that you can put on yourself. Good selection as well, Queen, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, T-Rex, Pearl Jam, Bowie….. the list goes on. Great place to spend a Friday night.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

My brother fared ‘better’ than me, but how far do you have to go back before you recognise one of these songs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63490691

Unfortunately I can remember practically all of those, even from the 50s. The most surprising is Tiny Dancer and I can’t believe that there are no Bowie songs anywhere? I have never really been a Motown lover but I’m partial to a bit of Phil Spector.