What’s on your playlist? - Page 5 - Off Topic - Stop and Step

What’s on your playlist?

BlindHaze

8 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

My first beer in a fortnight. Ms Haze and I are watching the Freddie Mercury tribute/AIDS awareness concert from 1992 on DVD (yeah, we still own a DVD player). Bit of a wide variety of artists and they also perform their own material as well as Queen covers. Some good stuff here.

C538F2B0-9EB6-4992-A5B0-694AC888F75F.png

I say ‘covers’, it’s the rest of the band minus poor Freddie!

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I don't know what exactly i'm in the mood for listening to. In this case I just open my Shazams playlist in Spotify and put it on shuffle! It has come to my attention that many people don't know that you can link your Spotify account to your Shazam account. So I'm sharing this with you 🙃

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 5:17 PM, Mentholdan said:

My old mate Marc Bolan would have been 73 today, a magic man, a real grafter and very very generous person. Left us way too soon. Will be inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame in october/ November.

I wonder where Slash gets his ideas from? 

DK-kEbOUMAAZy3D.jpg_small.jpg

Yesterday was 44 years to the day that the great man passed. Work’s done for the week so time for a Friday beer and some T-Rex with the better half.

Edited by BlindHaze

53 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

Yesterday was 44 years to the day that the great man passed. Work’s done for the week so time for a Friday beer and some T-Rex with the better half.

I normally go to the memorial service every year on this day at Golders Green crematorium. There's usually around a couple of hundred people turn up, "same old faces" Marc's brother Harry, Gloria Jones, who was driving the car when the fatal accident occurred. Marc and Gloria's son turns up now and then but he now lives in the USA. Its all very tasteful but we do go mad later at a local club with live tribute band and a DJ.  A friend of mine, Remco, sometimes pops over from Holland, he has some videos on YouTube under the name Glittersfrombilly, he does some really good Bolan covers, worth a look if you get the time. 

45 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

I normally go to the memorial service every year on this day at Golders Green crematorium. There's usually around a couple of hundred people turn up, "same old faces" Marc's brother Harry, Gloria Jones, who was driving the car when the fatal accident occurred. Marc and Gloria's son turns up now and then but he now lives in the USA. Its all very tasteful but we do go mad later at a local club with live tribute band and a DJ.  A friend of mine, Remco, sometimes pops over from Holland, he has some videos on YouTube under the name Glittersfrombilly, he does some really good Bolan covers, worth a look if you get the time. 

I didn’t know there was an annual memorial service, it’s always nice to keep the candle going. I might take a look at going next year, into London and Northern Line so pretty easy to get to from Southend. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m listening to my favorite song In the air tonight – Judith Hill. It’s the soundtrack from the series "Little fires everywhere". I just love this song. When I hear it, I immediately relax, disconnect from the outside world. I don't know how it works, before that no soundtrack from the movie or series affected me like that. Sometimes I want to watch this series again just because there is this song.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

If you ever wondered where Slash got his image from. 

Screenshot_20220202_201046_com.twitter.android.jpg

I’m a big fan of Slash, I remember reading in his autobiography that he stole his first hat from a shop in LA somewhere in the mid 80s. Guns n Roses were pretty much unknown at the time and were still playing gigs on The Strip, they didn’t have the bloated bank balances they do now.

Not sure what genre this one comes under but I really like it so thought I’d share.

Edited by BlindHaze

13 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

I’m a big fan of Slash, I remember reading in his autobiography that he stole his first hat from a shop in LA somewhere in the mid 80s. Guns n Roses were pretty much unknown at the time and were still playing gigs on The Strip, they didn’t have the bloated bank balances they do now.

Not sure what genre this one comes under but I really like it so thought I’d share.

Here's GNR doing a live Bolan cover. https://youtu.be/YZJBO9QFEIM