What’s on your playlist? - Page 3 - Off Topic - Stop and Step

What’s on your playlist?

BlindHaze

Sunday morning sounds included Cat Stevens, The Carpenters, Mary Wilson, Fat Larry's Band, Bowie, Prince, The Temptations, and even a few Al Jolson tracks, wow that guy had a voice. Amazing to think in those days that a Jew would paint his face as a black man to go on stage. 

• 2 months later...

Listening to Left Hand Luke and the Beggar Boys by T. REX and the line "Myxomatosis is an animals disease but I got so shook up mama that it ate away my knees" I bet when he was composing that he must have thought "how am I going to make that rhyme" 🤔

1 hour ago, BlindHaze said:

Friday night and birthday weekend. Ms Haze and I are boozing and listening to this - props to @Mentholdan for the suggestion.

03AFB6DE-E6A7-4878-926F-34D25E95DDA6.jpeg

Enjoy, just out of curiosity, what's scratched into the smooth section of the vinyl on your copy? On the original from 1971 the picture side had "pecko duck" scratched onto it and the fly playlist side had "porky"??? 

1 hour ago, BlindHaze said:

Friday night and birthday weekend. Ms Haze and I are boozing and listening to this - props to @Mentholdan for the suggestion.

03AFB6DE-E6A7-4878-926F-34D25E95DDA6.jpeg

Enjoy, just out of curiosity, what's scratched into the smooth section of the vinyl on your copy? On the original from 1971 the picture side had "pecko duck" scratched onto it and the fly playlist side had "porky"??? 

11 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, feeing a little worse for wear this morning and my birthday’s not until tomorrow....

Just had a look and nothing’s etched into it - maybe it’s on the original versions, I only bought mine a few months ago 🙂

More birthday beer as I have a long weekend off work. Ms Haze and I have recently moved, I had this album framed as it was pulled off the shelves for obscenity reasons soon after going on sale. However the frame broke during the move so decided to give it a spin. Now why would this artwork be pulled from the shelves...? 🤔 

077D4A83-1B42-491F-B595-6CA2354CBB53.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

It's probably taking your age into consideration 😜😜😜

Haha! I’ve noticed over the years that I’ve started to prefer going out for an afternoon beer rather than a night out, and for a long time I’ve asserted that ‘music isn’t what it used to be’ - all classic signs of getting old. Just need to commandeer an armchair in my front room which no one else would dare sit on and I think I’ve ticked off all the old bastard requirements! 😉

1 point for guessing the band in the photo (pretty easy I think) and 100 points for guessing the song.

5 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

Haha! I’ve noticed over the years that I’ve started to prefer going out for an afternoon beer rather than a night out, and for a long time I’ve asserted that ‘music isn’t what it used to be’ - all classic signs of getting old. Just need to commandeer an armchair in my front room which no one else would dare sit on and I think I’ve ticked off all the old bastard requirements! 😉

1 point for guessing the band in the photo (pretty easy I think) and 100 points for guessing the song.

Led Zep I assume but give me time to think about the song