What’s on your playlist? - Page 9 - Off Topic - Stop and Step

What’s on your playlist?

BlindHaze

On 11/6/2022 at 7:57 PM, Mentholdan said:

Unfortunately I can remember practically all of those, even from the 50s. The most surprising is Tiny Dancer and I can’t believe that there are no Bowie songs anywhere? I have never really been a Motown lover but I’m partial to a bit of Phil Spector.

You did better than me then, the latest one I could confidently say I knew was Mr Brightside! Oddly enough, I know more of them that were made before I was born than after….

And yeah, some big names missing there. Dylan, Pink Floyd, Led Z are nowhere to be seen. I guess the competition was just tougher back then! 🙂 

Friday night with the better half (when she’s back from work) so beer and music night. I know I’ve shared from this concert before, but this is one of the more odd music crossovers you might come across….

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to hear the news today of the death of Wilko Johnson. He had been fighting cancer for many years. His unique style was energetic to say the least. Best remembered for his time with Dr Feelgood, if you’ve never seen him on stage his videos on YouTube are a must see. RIP Wilko.

43 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

Sad to hear the news today of the death of Wilko Johnson. He had been fighting cancer for many years. His unique style was energetic to say the least. Best remembered for his time with Dr Feelgood, if you’ve never seen him on stage his videos on YouTube are a must see. RIP Wilko.

He was a well known figure in my home town, he liked the Railway Pub in Southend because of their long-standing tradition of live music. 

He’ll be missed, RIP Wilko. 

• 3 weeks later...

Spotify did a little ‘year in review’ thing that shows your most played artists and songs. Thankfully my penchant for the Spice Girls didn’t show up so I think it’s safe to share 😉 80F4D9CC-DAC3-4E93-838C-DBC6BA4C699E.thumb.png.28f4a0c9fb9e2aeb9027a3c1110fc00b.png

Bit of a recurring theme 3-5!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to BTG, I’ve had a listen to some of the songs that accompany their games. Lil Devil, Outlaw, Wild Flower…. Ms Haze and I have had a good Friday night in with a few beers and listening to The Cult. It’s certainly cheaper than playing those slots…!