Playing lower stakes in the bookies - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

Playing lower stakes in the bookies

BlindHaze

After changing career and taking a pay cut (and tiring of heavy losses), I now only play 20p stakes on the FOBTs. However I really think the games they have are designed solely towards £2 spin players. Some examples:-

•The gamble option is on/off/£5+. Bearing in mind that a £5 win on 20p stakes is the equivalent of £50 on £2 stake, the chance of hitting it are slim.

•The autoplay function adds in increments of £10, the equivalent of £100 on £2 stakes. I play small because I like to play a few different games. I know I can play manually, or stop the autoplay when I want, but I still think it should add in increments of 5 or 10 plays for instance.

•Fortune spins. This is more of a suggestion than a criticism, but maybe you can have 20p fortune spins rather than that option only being available for £2 play. You can keep the percentages the same (which is usually lower on small stakes) but it’d be nice to have the option to play them.

Just some of my thoughts and wondered if any other low rollers thought the same?

My big moan is the games were £2 and £1 are the same pay table.

Leaders of world free spins is an example. Same pay out but bonus symbols are bigger so unless you get the bonus then your win spins are same pay out as £1 stake but your paying £2 a spin. 

Greed is the word

If your playing low stakes 

you are better off going to the arcade 

you get a nice coffee and don’t have to put up with the racing commentary that is always on full blast even if only 2 people in the shop

Fortune spins. This is more of a suggestion than a criticism, but maybe you can have 20p fortune spins rather than that option only being available for £2 play.

Heidi's Bier Haus has a £1.50 Premium Spin stake. Still not close to 20p, but as far as I know it's the only one that has the option of being lower than £2 (there is a £2 Premium option too).

If your playing low stakes 

you are better off going to the arcade 

you get a nice coffee and don’t have to put up with the racing commentary that is always on full blast even if only 2 people in the shop

I would agree with that, arcades generally have a nicer atmosphere and certainly better coffee than bookies.

11 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Never been in an arcade in my life. Have to try it one day. 

Interesting... Ive never been in a bookies for over 25 years... Perhaps we are no the kindred spirits I once thought  lol

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Partytimearena said:

I think the £2 for bigger bonus symbol is a joke.  If the bonus was programmed to be given in that spin,it would do so regardless of the size of the symbol, so it's a con

I tend to agree with you. If you’ve got a 1 in 100 chance of hitting the bonus, then it doesn’t really matter what you need to have showing on the reels. It could be a full screen of bonus symbols or just 3, the chances are the same and it’s just animation. I’ve also thought the same about the bonus respin you get with 2 symbols, or the win you can get from the mystery symbols on Luck Of The Irish. 

But then again, it’s what makes the games enjoyable. If I carried on with that thinking, then you could argue that you could get rid of almost everything. For instance, the outcome of a feature is already determined as soon as it starts, so I could skip all that too!

15 hours ago, Partytimearena said:

I'm sure I've been told on some b3s, the feature, or bonus, is independent so it's not predetermined, I'm sure I've heard it somewhere.  But I'm probably wrong, again 😀

Some are and some aren't, it's up to the people who program them. An example: Eye of Horus the entire bonus is predetermined, Reels of Gold every single free spin is independent. Generally speaking, the ones that allow you to gamble the free spins are entirely independent. 

On 2/23/2020 at 9:56 PM, StopandStep said:

Heidi's Bier Haus has a £1.50 Premium Spin stake. Still not close to 20p, but as far as I know it's the only one that has the option of being lower than £2 (there is a £2 Premium option too).

I would agree with that, arcades generally have a nicer atmosphere and certainly better coffee than bookies.

that is great saying arcades have better coffee, BUT REMEBER you wont get no refreshments when they open!!! opps

On 6/2/2020 at 9:08 PM, StopandStep said:

Some are and some aren't, it's up to the people who program them. An example: Eye of Horus the entire bonus is predetermined, Reels of Gold every single free spin is independent. Generally speaking, the ones that allow you to gamble the free spins are entirely independent. 

Out of interest, how do you find out whether games are or not?

I'd always like a world where they were all truly random on each spin and you genuinely could hit a monster on that final free spin, rather than getting a big win first spin and then having to watch endless dead spins because you've already hit your win total!

Archived