Rtps - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

This has probably been covered before, but I nipped into a local hills first time in a while and after a lovely £4 bonus on napoleon, I thought I'd look at the RTP of some of my other favourite £500s to see if they've changed.

Lucky lady Charm 88% at £2 (and all stakes)

Book of Ra 88% at £2.

I'm sure I remember them both being at 90 or 91% last year, not exactly encouraging me back in.

20210730_162548.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The crisp man said:

This has probably been covered before, but I nipped into a local hills first time in a while and after a lovely £4 bonus on napoleon, I thought I'd look at the RTP of some of my other favourite £500s to see if they've changed.

Book of Ra 88% at £2.

I'm sure I remember them both being at 90 or 91% last year, not exactly encouraging me back in.

20210730_162548.jpg

Wow William hill is the bookies I avoid and looks like I made the correct choice 

Anyone offing less than 90% is taking the P***

On 7/30/2021 at 9:06 PM, BlindHaze said:

Christ, that’s awful…. You’d expect 92% as standard for £2 play. Have you seen it in other bookies or just Hills?

Just hills, I may nip to betfred to see if its the same there as they are virtually identical games. 88% on £2 is awful worse than a motorway services!

• Like 1

I remember when you posted this, 83% shouldn't even be available as an option. Certain locations will push as low as possible, and as there is no legal minimum with the 500's, some places will see how far they can take it. Players will realise that it's only certain games and terminals that don't play too well and will start to avoid them in other locations too.  

I nipped to bedfred today and can confirm lucky ladies charm is returning a not so lucky 88% on £2 there too.

As I've also been rinsed of all my euro profits playing communities over the last few weeks I also think I'll be giving my local admiral a miss too.

• 3 weeks later...

That Napoleon slot is a balance rinser, horrible rancid slot.

I've noticed in Corals many of the slots (especially new ones) are RTP 20p-86% (sometimes 84%) , 50p-88%, £1-90%, £2 -91%. Sometimes the premium play is 94%, not that premium play is a good choice as also a rinser.

Of course slots with bonuses the RTP is not particularly straightforward as depends how regularly the bonus is triggered and how generous the bonus is. Black Knight the base game is as boring as hell and I swear the base game RTP is probably 10-20% but of course once triggered the bonus can be quite generous.

If you catch an fobt on a bad paying day it chomps through the balance and if its chomping it also pays low bonuses and never gives you a chance to recover. I've come to the conclusion your can't tell if an fobt is going to pay, but you can soon tell when it is in chomping mode and best left alone.

I won't play a slot with an RTP% lower than 90% and seek out 92-95% and play those. Over the years I have my favourite slots based on experience.

This was the worst RTP I ever came across in a Littlehampton seaside arcade, on a day out with my kids. No justification for such meanness.

727547193_Slot..thumb.jpg.5791fce37f29c1bf727b22ade534718f.jpg

Edited by Stormy

8 hours ago, Partytimearena said:

Has the % ever stopped you playing the slots?  If I want to play that game, I just play it, because it's "random"?

One of the games I used to avoid was Ooh Ah Dracula which was 84% on 20p play. It’s a shame because it’s quite an enjoyable game if you can get the bonus. I had some go to slots like El Torero on 90% and Burn Em Up 7s on about 95% I think. It didn’t mean I won more, it just meant I lost less! 😁

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 1:32 AM, Partytimearena said:

Has the % ever stopped you playing the slots?  If I want to play that game, I just play it, because it's "random"?

Yes I'd say so. I love lucky lady's charm, but won't play it in freds or Hills, I'm not sure if any arcade is set to a higher %.

A good percentage also tempts me into a slot I wouldn't normally play. I used to play Fishing Frenzy a lot when it was 94% and 7s to burn when it was at 94% too.

It doesn't matter if its random or not, it's like if I went to the roulette table, I'm not going to chose American roulette, because it has a lower RTP, just as playing a slot at 88% has a lower chance of landing me a bonus than one at 94%.

Oh and @StopandStep I gave the Michael Jackson slot a go today, it played almost as bad as when you took it for a spin.

I'm not really sure how the RTP are calculated on fobt's with bonus games.

As the % return often varies depending on stakes i.e. 20p-86%, 50p-88%, £1-90%, £2-91%,  I've always assumed the RTP is achieved by how the bonus pays as I believe the bonus is predetermined even on a random slot. The RTP on the base game is truly rotten on many slots to pay for the bonus games.

Logic to me is the % paid on different stakes is to ensure the slot takes the same amount of profit in a given time period no matter what the stake. If there is any truth in this, it makes sense to always play at the highest stake for bankroll (mine is typically £100) and accept sometimes play time might be short. The only exception is when all stakes pay the same % such as Burn em Up 7's in Corals (all stakes 95%).

• 6 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 8:57 PM, The crisp man said:

Book of Ra 88% at £2.

20210730_162548.jpg

YOU BEET ME TO IT.MAKE SURE THIS IS TO EVERYONE CHECK EVERY SINGLE GAME %%%%%%%.BEFORE YOU START😃💯💯💯💯💯💯

• Like 1