£2 stake roulette! - Page 2 - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

£2 stake roulette!

I played it for the first week or so and initially did quite well, was taking time to get a “spin” but I hit some decent numbers with 2/3/4 quid on them, then of course the downturn and it once took £68 just to get a “spin” which lost anyway. Took £350 off me in twenty min or so, just red, red, red, red.....

even without that the game is boring and very frustrating.

at least before I might do my brains betting £50+ a spin but at least I got a chance every time I pressed the button, done with it now.

also the £2 pre-gamble is rapid and after hitting red the machine auto repeats the chip placement so you just need to hit start!

not sure of the timings but I reckon you could be losing £2 every 4 seconds which is potentially £30 a minute which is still 1/10 of the previous maximum but how many actually played £100 a spin? In reality the big hitters have probably been helped but those punting more modest amounts potentially are just as badly enough now and might not even get a chance of a win!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Darren do you know whether the roulette in hills and betfred with the red green sliding bar gamble is compensated? 

The actual roulette wheel spins are the same as before albeit they are much shorter now but they are still random as per the random number generator, but I’m not sure the red green sliding bar is random? As soon as you put a few quid on some numbers you suddenly stop getting the green area and seem to continually land on the red. Today I had 63 ‘spins’ in a row land on the red then when I did get the green area the roulette wheel gave me a dead spin. 

There is nothing on the info screen except for return to player odds, nothing about how they work out the % on the red green gamble or whether it’s a totally random outcome as opposed to compensated by previous play and amount taken?

This new gamble encourages people to chase certain numbers and bet heavy on them to try and get their money back but it can take over £100 before it lands on the green zone and you get a roulette wheel spin. £30 is the maximum amount of chips you can lay out but if you do, the green zone is very very small. It seems to give a small win every 20 or 30 spins then go totally dead. Corals have not adopted this style of roulette and you can only bet with £2 worth of chips. Hills and Fred is effectively allowing you to have £30 spins via the back door and I’m surprised the gambling commission haven’t said anything yet?

On 5/3/2019 at 6:09 PM, Ferg said:

Sound stupid but what does compensated mean in regards to fobts

Basically Compensaited = Fixed

some slots in WH and Bet Fred are Compensaited so if someone has just won £100 the machine will make sure it takes £110 to Compensaite for the loss then after it has taken a certain amount it will give a win but what ever the win is it will Compensaited the next player again until it has got that money back plus the 10% profit

What is not known is if the Pre Gamble

on the Roulette is Compensaited or not 

It does appear to be on the Slots but not sure if it is on Roulette 

If you are a FOBT Roulette player might be worth raising with the Gambling Commission as it is not clear on the information screen 

On 4/10/2019 at 6:56 PM, Ziggyzak said:

Hi I was in bet Fred today watching a guy play the slide bar roulette with the max £30 chips spread mainly on the tier section (27-33) on the wheel, and 29 neighbours area. The green zone was so small it took him £60 just to get a spin and then it was a loser. Another £30 he got another spin and won a fiver. In about half an hour he done £500 and got nothing back as the slide bar kept killing him and even when he did get a spin it never gave him a run of numbers. With this roulette you are fighting 2 battles, the green zone and then getting a number with a decent amount of chips on it.

Not for me and perhaps someone can confirm if they have dropped the % payout on slots? Wouldn’t surprise me as an attempt to make up for the reduction in roulette takings...

Yes at William Hill and Bet Fred the older Slots have gone down to 90% on £1 and 91% on £2

The New Slots are even worse with 90% on £2 and 89% on £1 there is no regulation on the minimum RTP all the operator has to do is state on the machine what the RTP is

I have noticed the same machine in the Arcade give a higher RTP

Darren do you know whether the roulette in hills and betfred with the red green sliding bar gamble is compensated? 

I'm pretty sure it's random, but as mjl5656 says, there is no clear info on the help screens. 

1 hour ago, Fruit loopz said:

£150 through it for one losing spin. First and last time I play this. Bookies used to be full of roulette players. Be lucky if I see one now.

Wow £150 for one spin

and no win that it bad !!

as you say the bookies used to be full of roulette players, I was sent a £10 text to use on the FOBT in coral , so for first time in 2 weeks I went in and normally on Saturday would be packed but yesterday I was the only person playing 

Lucky you could use the £10 on anything so used on slots 

Sometimes I'll just put £2 on one number and walk away if it hits or if I don't hit anything after 20 spins.

This is on the roullete without the green side bar. 

2 hours ago, cazza6565 said:

I thought it was £2 max bet now. How were you able to do £150 when it used to be £100 max or am I missing a point here

On some versions you can “stake” up to a virtual £30.

If you stake £2 on the table the wheel spins and you see the result. If you stake £2.20 to £30 a bar appears with a red and a green section on it. The more virtual chips you place the smaller the green bit gets. Once you’ve placed your chips and press bet the slider on the bar moves up and down, if it lands red you lose £2 and don’t see a spin or result. If it lands in the green you trigger the “roulette feature” and you see a spin and result, If you had place £5 in virtual chips on number 7 and it hits 7 you would win £180, if it hits any other number you lose your £2 stake.

The whole bet, slider, repeat cycle takes about 4 seconds (bet auto repeats chip placement for you) so if you’re betting £30 in virtual chips you can wait a lot of slider bets just to trigger the game and even then you’re not guaranteed a win. It’s not difficult to go thru £150 in 10 minutes if your luck is out.

Of course if you’re hitting the green bit and hitting numbers with a few quid on them you can quickly win a reasonable sum.

The numbers seem to repeat a lot more than before stake limits. If you can be arsed doing last 10 unique numbers each you'll make a little bit but frankly it's so time consuming and boring I'd rather do an hour overtime sat on my backside drinking tea talking to colleagues

• 2 weeks later...

Nowadays you see the odd sad person still pumping money in the Roulette but most people have learned that it’s both waste of time and money playing in the bookies 

Archived