Tomorrow's racing - General Sports Betting Talk - Stop and Step

Tomorrow's racing

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wont lie, cannot see ibraz winning. Wouldn't put it on under 14/1 or higher as its form has come on good to firm. Exec chef should have a clean run in with that race I'd say!

Newmarket 1.50 Blackheath. 7-1

This horse is ultra consistent, will act on the going, improving. Having its first run this season but that will not be a problem as it won first time out last year. When I back a horse I don't spend too much time worrying about the opposition, I just concentrate on knowing what my selection is capable of. I've had £140 win but at 7-1 is a great each way bet too. 

On 4/15/2019 at 7:09 PM, Mentholdan said:

Newmarket 1.50 Blackheath. 7-1

This horse is ultra consistent, will act on the going, improving. Having its first run this season but that will not be a problem as it won first time out last year. When I back a horse I don't spend too much time worrying about the opposition, I just concentrate on knowing what my selection is capable of. I've had £140 win but at 7-1 is a great each way bet too. 

so why be greedy if its a good each way bet. you should bet each way .... a horse can be beat by a very short distance then you win nothing....

I very seldom bet each way but I did today, just before the off it drifted to almost double its odds so I had a dabble each way. 

I get best odds so the win bet wasn't affected, all irrevelant now of course as it finished 6th.

I would like to point out though that I'm not putting them up as TIPS, I just thought it would be fun to post my bets for anyone interested to see. I'm always interested in others opinions. 

Another thing that I always stand by is that when there's interference the best horse normally always wins regardless. A few years back though I backed Jacqueline's Quest to win the 1000 gns. She won at 66-1 but was disqualified, luckily my bookie paid first past the post. 

Tomorrow's section is Skardu. 3.35 Newmarket. 

Skardu duly obliged and recouped losses previous in the week. Got boxed in for most of the race but was maneuvered to the outside and won a shade comfortably. Will probably run in the 1000gns now. 

Tomorrow's bet for me is a win patent. 

Ayutthaya. 4.00 Ripon. 8/1

Zabeel Prince. 4.10 Newmkt. 11/2

Machree 5.45 Ripon. 5/1

All prices are approx. Current odds. 

Got my money back today with triple odds on 1 winner in the lucky 15. They all ran well to be fair except maybe Machree but he WILL win a race this season. Tomorrow's bet is Rocket Action in the 2.10 at Newcastle, has won on this track on his 2nd and final start last year, third fav at the moment at 7/2.

Theres a massive price runner at Lingfield tomorrow that interests me, Cry Baby, in the 2.30. this horses current odds are 33/1 Travels over from France to run here, has won two of its last three races and has Cristoph Soumillon on board. The cost of the round trip must be enough for connections to think its worth it. Well up in class but is on the upgrade. You never know? 

Unlucky today with a second at 7-2 and a fourth at 40-1,  sky bet paid out on the 4th.

Tomorrow I'm having a lucky 15 for £1, triple the odds for 1 winner, total stake £15.

Mokaatil 3.00 Musselburgh. 9-1 Preening 3.45 Kempton. 10-1 Archimento 4.50 Kempton. 14-1 Humdinger 7.05 Nottingham. 5-1

Total retur s if all 4 win £16.261.30.

That will do nicely 😋

Rubbish racing tomorrow but tucked away in the 8.10 at Wolverhampton could just be a potential classic winner. 

NEAROOZ ran only once as a 2 year old and sprang a surprise when winning at 20-1. This filly is extremely well bred, she has to give 7lbs to all the other runners and two of them are potentially nice types. If she wins and wins well her next race could well be the 1000 guineas at Newmarket where her current odds are 66-1.

Well NEAROOZ put up a really likeable performance and what a price 11-10???

She was giving half a stone to all the other runners but the further they went the better she ran on, the jockey never used his whip and she won with plenty in hand. The second horse finished well clear of the third. We'll have to wait and see where she runs next, personally I think the 1 mile trip of the 1000 gns will be too short, I would run her in a 1mile 2 furlong pattern race next and progress gradually. She will definitely stay a mile and a half. Wherever she runs and whoever she runs against she Will give you a run for your money. 

Tomorrow I'm backing ONE horse at a massive price, Noble Expression, 3.20. Epsom, is a 20-1shot, runs off bottom weight and has a girl apprentice claiming 7lb. Could easily spring a surprise off a feather weight. 

Just two today, both short prices but very confident selections. 

Hero Hero, 6,00  Chelmsford, Hey Jonesey, 7.00 Chelmsford.

A Big outsider worth a look is Tellovoi, 9.00 Chelmsford. 

5 selections tomorrow so I'll be having a lucky 31 @£1. total bet £31

Felix. 1-40 Doncaster 9/2.

Crystal Ocean. 2.25 Sandown 4/6

Bangkok. 3.00 Sandown 6/4

Dazzling Dan. 3.25 Doncaster 11/2

Private Secretary. 5.05 Sandown 7/2

Returns £3000 if all win. 🙏

I've just noticed that Tellovoi is currently 33/1 for the 9.00 at Chelmsford tonight so I have to have £25 each way. I may even have another £25each way just before the off. Its just too big a price for a horse who is more than capable of winning a race like this regardless of his recent form. 

Archived