Tomorrow's racing - Page 2 - General Sports Betting Talk - Stop and Step

Tomorrow's racing

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was a nice win last night. I ended up having 2 £25 each way bets, one at 33-1 & the other at 16-1for a return of £1570. I also had a lucky 15 with the other 2 I put up which finished 2nd and  3rd and another I put In which won at 7-1 which returned £269. Had the 2 placed horses had won the bet returns £4000.

I normally like to back horses at long or 'longish' odds, I'm not a fan of favourites. Every horse I back IS CAPABLE of winning the race its running in. For example had Tellovoi been running in one grade higher or over 2 furlongs further then realistically it Couldn't have won. 

Please understand I'm just posting My bets on here, THEY ARE NOT Tips, if anyone wants to back my fancy that's fine and good luck to you as well of course. I DON'T WIN IN THE LONG RUN but when I do win it always pays well because of the odds I bet at. 

Also I'm not trying to "piggy back" Darrens forum, I'm just sharing my gambling interests. I'm 62 and gambled since I was 12 or even younger, my mum was an alcoholic so maybe I inherited her "addictive" genes. 😁

You WILL NEVER WIN in the long run, if you did you WILL HAVE YOUR ACCOUNTS CLOSED OR BE TURNED AWAY FROM BETTING SHOPS AND YOU WOULD EVEN BE REFUSED BETS ON THE RAILS AT THE TRACK. THEY MAY EVEN SAY THEY WILL ONLY GIVE YOU SAY, 16-1 ON A 33-1SHOT?

I like talking to and meeting new people and I like sharing that's whi I post on the forum. Cheers, Mark. 

Nice one on your win mate.

I backed the last 2 in the 4 you put up for today in an e/w double so thanks for some beer tokens sod the weekend lol.

Got anymore tips for tomorrow?

Well, I'm not a happy bunny, 3 winners, a second in a photo finish and the other finished 4th Felix, "oh so tenderly ridden" more like schooling in public. That is definitely the one to go into the notebook. Towards the rear most of the way, made some headway on the outside and then just ridden out hands and heels to the line, no whip??? 

Next time out over 11 or 12 furlongs, but hey I'm not the only one to witness it.

I'm going to have a fun bet tonight in the 7.00 at Chelstow on Dalaman. £5 each way. 

Tomorrow, first the big guns. Lord Oberon, 2.05 Haydock 9/2. Ledham, 4.50 Haydock 7/2.  Sucellus, 5.00 Leicester. Evens. For me a £5 win patent, £35.

My value bets. Jossies Hill, 2.25 Sandown 16/1. Intisaab, 2.55 Ripon 18/1. Beware the Bear, 3.35 Sandown 12/1. Baasha, 3.55 Leicester 10/1. Roar, 5.10 Doncaster 11/1. £1 win lucky 31, £31. That's a total outlay of £66 for me tomorrow. 

A load of crap today, two 2nds and a loser from the big guns and my value bets supplied just 1 2nd at 12-1. One of mine even collapsed and died after the race which about sums the day up. 

There are no selections at all tomorrow as racing is desperate but what I'm going to do is this... About 45 years ago I came across a system for picking horses. The first time I ever put into practice it gave three winners out of three, this was just before Xmas so it came in well handy. I'll work out the systems selections for tomorrow and put them up just for fun. I will back them myself, I have to put my money where my mouth is, it's big enough 😮

OK these are what the system selected for tomorrow. The system was devised by a guy called Van Der Wheil who went by the pseudonym The Flying Dutchman. 

Pytilla 3.55 Salisbury 11/2

Purple Paddy 5.40 Sal. 7/1

Shawaamekh 4.55 Wetherby 7/1

Uncle Norman 5.25 Weth. 12/1

£1win lucky 15. Tot. £15

Warning Fire 3.05 Weth. 4/1

Rich Cummings 4.25 Weth. 15/8

Ice Gala 5.10 Sal. 3/1

Steel River 5.55 Weth. 11/4

£1win lucky 15.

8 selections I've grouped into two lucky 15s, 4 longest prices in the first and 4 shortest prices in the second. It would cost far too much to perm them so for arguments sake you got 2 winners from each its just bad luck. Total oulay is £30 

A bit rubbish the system today with only 1 winner and 2 seconds but it was just a bit of fun. With systems you have to make it a long term thing and stick with it through thick and thin. 

Monday is usually rubbish for quality racing and tomorrow is no exception. I thought it would be a waste of time even looking at tomorrow's cards but would you Adam and Eve it, there's one lurking in the 7.10 at Thirsk's evening meeting. Orions Bow is the selection, this horse hasn't won since 2016 which means he's slid down the handicap significantly but he has won at this course and over this distance before. His trainer is as shrewd as they come and the horse is ridden by one of the very good lady jockeys around just now. Current odds are 6-1. This horse may not win tomorrow but is a sure fire winner waiting to happen and even if he does get beat ill consider the money only lent to the bookie because he looks the type who will pop up at a big price sometime very soon. 

Orions Bow ran quite well showing up for most of the way but I'm not too worried he didn't win because I'm convinced there's a big race in him this season and a really big pay day is on the cards. 

There's only one qualifier for tomorrow and that's Space Blues in the 2.20 at Nottingham, but at current odds of 1-2 I can't touch it. Leave that one to the pro punters. 

Well Space Blues was beaten a head at odds of 1-3 which is why I never bet on favourites, especially odds on. A lot of fingers got burned today. 

Only one horse for tomorrow and that's Weekender in the 3.25 at Ascot, current odds of 2-1 means it won't be getting any of my money. 

I've spotted a fun bet for tomorrow if you like the quirky ones, Darren's Hope 7.45 Punches town. 😁 I'd rather have my fiver on that than a 2-1 shot any day. 

Weekender ran a terrible race, I never backed it today and that one is off the list for the rest of the season. 

There are two bets tommorow,  Edgewood, 2.55 Redcar 9/1 and Red Impression, 7.25 Chelmsford, 5/2.

Edgewood has run twice without winning already this season and should be fully fit to run well tomorrow. Red Impression ran twice last season and won both of them, breaking the track record for a 2 year old in the latter, could be anything and a very confident selection for tomorrow. I'm having £20 win each and a £20 win double. 

A 3rd and a fourth today, £60 out of pocket but I was really pleased with the way Edgewood ran, will surely be winning very soon and I'll get my money back out of the bookies satchels. 

There are No qualifiers running tomorrow so I'm going to go back to work for a day. 

A bit like London buses, nothing today and now six qualifiers tomorrow. 

Cristal Spirit, 1.35 Goodwood. 3/1. 

Al Muffrih,  1.50 Newmarket. 10/3.

Young Rascal, 2.55 Newm. 10/3.

Skardu, 3.35 Newm. 7/1.

Knowing Glance, 3.40 Thirsk. 11/2.

Vintager also in the 1.50 Newmkt. 10/1. I will back each way and also put in a forecast with Al Muffrih. 

The other 5 I shall back In a £1 lucky 31.

£31.

The most selections ever to run in 1 day was 5, about 15 years ago, AND THEY ALL WON. Can lightning strike twice? 

If they all were to win at the current odds above, a £1 lucky 31 would pay £11.518.80p. 😋😋😋

I went back to work yesterday, breaking up a concrete floor with a jackhammer so I was a bit tired last night while I was going through todays runners. I missed Ibraz in the 1.50 at Newmarket which causes a bit of a conundrum as Vintager and Al Muffrih are also in the same race. I'm keeping Al Muffrih in my lucky 31 but putting all 3 in combi Forecasts and a combi Tri cast. 

Archived