Tomorrow's racing - Page 3 - General Sports Betting Talk - Stop and Step

Tomorrow's racing

On days like today you just have to keep telling yourself it will all come good in the end. Knowing Glance was a bitter pill to swallow, led everywhere except the line, beaten in a photo finish by a nostril, would have returned at odds of 28/1.

They all ran really well today except Young Rascal and I even had the 3rd in the 2000 gns. In any form of gambling you have to be positive. Even if you just stick a pin In you have to get lucky sooner or later. I have faith in my method, I have the time, and at the moment I still have the money,  just. 😁

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are just 2 selections tomorrow,  Veracious, 2.20 Newmarket at the very skinny odds of 6/5 which I just can't entertain. The other is Rocket Action, 2.05 Hamilton, the 8/1 outsider of four, surely this is massively overpriced? I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow. 

Well my theory that Rocket Action was overpriced was right, eventually went off at half the odds at 4/1 shame it didn't win but was only beaten about a length and will win races this season. Veracious ran well under par. 

Only two qualifiers for tomorrow and both quite short in the market. 

Blackheath 2.35 Windsor, 10/3 and Humdinger in the 3.40. 7/4. I'm having a £30win double. 

Again no qualifiers for tomorrow, poor racing at the moment and the constant going changes makes things even more difficult. 

After a quiet couple of days with no qualifiers there are 5 tomorrow. 

Mokaatil, 1.50 Chester. 11/2

Sam Cooke, 4.35 Chester. 7/2

Ayutthaya, 5.05  Chester. 22/1

Universal Command, 7.20 Winc. 9/2

Weekender, 7.30 Chelm. 11/10

My bet is a £1win lucky 31. Stake £31

Total return at current odds £29.937.

😁😁😁

Two winners and a second and a fourth today so things improving for the better. Only one qualifier tomorrow, Dalaalaat in the 6.20 at Nottingham tomorrow evening, current odds 11/4 having his first run of the season but a very confident selection. 

Dalaalaat did not get the trip, I did my conkers, no good crying about it, move on. 

Three for tomorrow, a very mixed trio, they're all qualifiers from "the bible" so I have to back them regardless. 

Magnolia Springs 3.20 Naas, 33/1

George of Hearts 4.00. Ascot, 14/1

Happy Power 4.20 Haydock, 9/4

I can't say I fancy the top one very much but its a qualifier and that's that. Previous qualifiers have won at 100/1 33/1 50/1 so who knows. As I've said before, all qualifiers are capable of winning the races they've been selected for on all known form. You have to believe that if a horse has produced a certain level of form just once in its career, surely it must be capable of reproducing it again someday. 

A few years ago now, one of the selections just happened to be trained by a stable where a friend of mine was the Head lad. It was 50/1, I spoke to him on the phone in the morning, AFTER I placed my bet and he said "you haven't backed that have you, it had some heat in its leg this morning, its only running because the owner has arranged a trip to the races for himself and a few friends" What happened I hear you ask, it pissed in by 3 lengths. NEVER EVER EVER BACK A TIP FROM A STABLE LAD OR A JOCKEY, THEY COULDN'T TIP THEIR HAT. It's when the trainer tells you that you want to take note. Mind you, one of my favourite anecdotes is after Lester Piggott won the Derby one year, he was being interviewed after the race and he was asked "Lester, at what point did you think you had the race won?" and he replied "About six months ago" 

I got called into work yesterday so I had a quick check for today and there were no qualifiers. I finished work about an hour or so ago, popped into the bookies and wouldn't you know there are 2 qualifiers running in France. 

The first one in just a few minutes so I had 2 singles and a double. 

San Donato 2.55 Longchamp.

Beauty Filly 4.05 Longchamp. 

York starts tomorrow so much  classier racing and we have 4 qualifiers, the only conundrum is that there are 2 selections in the 1.50. I'm goi g to ha e 2 win patents, one with one and one with the other. 

Crystal King, 1.50 York 13/2.

Proschema, 1.50 York 16/1

Hey Jonesey, 3.00 York 16/1

Space Blues, 4.05 York 9/2

2 X £2.50 EW patents for me, total £70

The odds above are current Sporting Life odds. 

A winner today with Space Blues, 5/2 but was available last night at 9/2.

Sometimes  you have to look under the radar and today was a prime example, Hey Jonesy's run in the 3.00 definitely had future winner written all over it. His running suggests he could end the season as one of the top sprinters of the year, can definitely win a group 3 and possibly more. 

Tomorrow's qualifiers are pretty predictable, they both Have to win to prove all the hype around them from last season but they do both look unbeatable, we shall see. 

Lah Ti Dar 2.25 York. 

Too Darn Hot 3.00 York

Too Darn Hot's defeat was a big Big surprise to me and it throws the big races wide open this season. 

No qualifiers tomorrow so I'm just going to have a bet on one of my own fancies, Misu Pete 5.30 Newbury, is more than capable of winning in this grade, a very low weight, fair draw but a very inexperienced young female jockey, but at current odds of 25/1 definitely worth a punt. 

Too Darn Hot's defeat was a big Big surprise to me and it throws the big races wide open this season. 

No qualifiers tomorrow so I'm just going to have a bet on one of my own fancies, Misu Pete 5.30 Newbury, is more than capable of winning in this grade, a very low weight, fair draw but a very inexperienced young female jockey, but at current odds of 25/1 definitely worth a punt. 

Lots of qualifiers tomorrow and a couple of races with two selections, I'll have to work out my stake plan later. 

Khaadem 9/2 & Red Impression, 7/2 1.50 Newbury. 

Crystal Ocean 1/3 2.25 Newbury. 

Solid Stone 3.00 Newbury 5/1.

Dazzling Dan 6/1 Rocket Action 16/1 3.15 Newmarket. 

Orions Bow 10/1 3.55 Thirsk. 

Sh Boom 20/1 4.50 Newbury. 

Wise Counsel 9/4 8. 35 Doncaster. 

Some very nice big prices there. 

I think I'll omit Crystal Ocean as its well odds on and no value and I'll also leave out the last one as its in the evening. 

Perm the rest in lucky 63s.

Archived