Lockdown returns... - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Lockdown returns...

BlindHaze

Looks like arcades and bookies are set to close for another month from Thursday. Ah well, it’ll save me a few quid which can go towards an extra bottle of decent whiskey and some After Eight mints for Christmas.

• 2 months later...

Let me see if I've got this right, you Can go to the shops to buy food. If you like a drink you can still buy as much alcohol you like. If you gamble you can still bet on line. If you want to exercise you can still go running. If you like your fishing you can still go fishing. If your a sports fan you can still watch football, racing, darts cricket etc on TV.?? I do hear some people complain about not being able to visit relatives but most of the complaints I hear about are not being able to do our favourite things. I've not spoken to anyone face to face since Christmas eve when I dropped presents off at my nieces house but I've spoken to loads of people over the phone, including today when my job adviser from the local jobcentre called me to ask me what I've been doing to actively look for work and if I didn't comply I'd be at risk of losing my £340 a month payments. I have no idea how I will manage without my £340 every month. 

this dribs and drabs lockdown bollox is never going to end , boris dosent have the balls to do what he needs to do , lock the whole country down for 6 months , a year if its needed , and vaccinate everybody in the country . i said to my wife back in feb " why the fk have they not closed the airports" when the virus was on the rampage in france germany and italy , its like being in a movie where everybody in power is fucking retarded . im getting sick of the stupidity from that clown who changes his mind every time he looks at the scrawl on the back of a fag box . theres a madness in our government thats both dangerous and obscene

8 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

Let me see if I've got this right, you Can go to the shops to buy food. If you like a drink you can still buy as much alcohol you like. If you gamble you can still bet on line. If you want to exercise you can still go running. If you like your fishing you can still go fishing. If your a sports fan you can still watch football, racing, darts cricket etc on TV.?? I do hear some people complain about not being able to visit relatives but most of the complaints I hear about are not being able to do our favourite things. I've not spoken to anyone face to face since Christmas eve when I dropped presents off at my nieces house but I've spoken to loads of people over the phone, including today when my job adviser from the local jobcentre called me to ask me what I've been doing to actively look for work and if I didn't comply I'd be at risk of losing my £340 a month payments. I have no idea how I will manage without my £340 every month. 

with all due respect sir how can you look for work when everyweres closed ? tell you adviser you would like to retrain and do his job , see how he replies to you 

2 minutes ago, ghost22 said:

with all due respect sir how can you look for work when everyweres closed ? tell you adviser you would like to retrain and do his job , see how he replies to you 

Yeah, that don't quite work with those people, they are of the same school of thought as my late dad, if you're breathing you can go to work. And don't call me sir, the last person to call me that was old bill, its a bit unnerving. 

1 minute ago, Mentholdan said:

Yeah, that don't quite work with those people, they are of the same school of thought as my late dad, if you're breathing you can go to work. And don't call me sir, the last person to call me that was old bill, its a bit unnerving. 

was gonna say man but the war office calls it childish 🙂

Your wife is right, as they always are, I don't respond to Sir, Oi, Bruv, or pal and if a woman calls me hun she definetly gets the old Spanish archer, El bow! 

Has anyone been to the bookies much recently? Down my way, they opened again at the beginning of December I think, but the rules were that you could only come in twice a day and for just 15 minutes a time. And sometimes it takes me a couple of minutes just to decide which game to play...

I guess it must’ve been over 2 months since I last decided to give Mr Coral any of my hard earned money.

Been closed here in Glasgow since boxing day.  No sure what rules they have about fobts.  Prob none as bookies round here prob have same couldn't care less attitude they always had and I'm speaking for about 5 shops within a mile 

15 hours ago, Partytimearena said:

So stop and step, do you have enough videos of arcades and bookies play to to upload until the restrictions are eased?  I find online play very boring (because I don't play online).  

Short answer, no 😞 I have three more, so two for next week then one the following week. I do have some ideas for non-online content so hopefully you'll like it. Lockdown might last a while, so we will see where it takes us 🙂

Archived