Premium Play - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

Premium Play

After watching today's video which do you think is more dangerous? The new £2 version of premium play or the original £10+ mega spins?

Personally i used to love the mega spins, at Ladbrokes reels of gold was probably my favourite followed by black Knight then Centurion and Worms (at Hills). I don't play the new £2 version too much (mainly because I don't like the games). Whenever I have played them though I've found myself having very poor sessions and getting carried away quickly. Mainly as you can plump £100+£200 trying to get an (old) £50 game, which ends up paying nothing so then I'm chasing the "cheap" game that's "due"!

Well, I've done over £300 for 1 set of ultra spins on super starturns for a spectacular return in the region of under a tenner.  I know I should've gave up after £100 - £200, but it always that "next spin will come in", "how can it take so much for 1 set", "the next set will guarantee a bonus" etc thinking.

I find them a bit like heavyweight boxing, can be fun to watch but I really don’t want to get involved....

The last time I tried was about a year ago, stuck £20 in King’s Honour and got to £100 on 20p play. I then thought I’d have a go at the £30 equivalent spins and lost it all in a couple of minutes. Got about 3 goes and no wins of any note at all. Lesson learned for me.

16 hours ago, The crisp man said:

After watching today's video which do you think is more dangerous? The new £2 version of premium play or the original £10+ mega spins?

They are both just as volatile, but with the original £10 to £50 games you at least knew how much you were paying for a game. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 1:53 PM, StopandStep said:

They are both just as volatile, but with the original £10 to £50 games you at least knew how much you were paying for a game. 

I guess the only thing the new games have done is add another layer to a very volitile gamble.

To me it's one thing to put a few hundred thing into a machine thinking you will have 4 goes on mega spins to try and get a bonus, rather than plunder that £200 without even a game. 

I'm not impressed with Premium Play and agree with S&S; at least with the original £10-£50 plays you knew how much you were paying up front.

Different slots are suited to different staking plans. For instance Burn em up 7's it doesn't matter what stakes you play at. Original Black Knight £2 is much better than 20p/50p/£1 due to wild substituting for the bonus symbols.  Magpie Mayham £2 is better than 50p/£1 as pays each way and premium play is better still as many more bonus symbols added. Hercules High and Mighty premium play is better when removing lower symbols.

I used to play a few premium games at the fixed prices and it didn't take long to gain a view of how the fobt was playing. The £2 premium plays can result in awful losing runs to then find out the fobt is gobbling money in the premium game as well.

Will not play premium play any more as I feel they are ripping punters off and  just stick to slots that can pay in the normal base stakes.

Edited by Stormy

I remember playing in an arcade with a balance of over 1k.  I was just going to play a few hundred on a few games just to pass the time (when you're an addict, you'll know what I mean, regardless if the balance was winnings or stake money).  I started with black Knight, and I was playing premium spins, and gradually my balance just went down until it reached zero. I did get a few bonus, but I find they are very poor compared with bonus from the original £2 games.

Yes that was my view with Black Knight as well. Premium play gives more regular bonuses but they are mostly in the range £40-£100.

£2 bonus you can get anything up to £500 and I often get wins in £100-£200 range. What I have noticed is it can take a while to bonus first time but when it does if the bonus is relatively low it often bonuses again. I've had three bonuses in about 20 spins and four in about 40 spins in both cases I quit when I got £500 and £496 win on the final bonus.

Incidentally original Black Knight is one of my go-to slots after I have lost in other slots that don't seem to pay as well. It is surprising how often I can pull a big win from Black Knight quite quickly in that situation. I am very sceptical of how the randomness of fobt's works given Magpie Mayham exhibits the same characteristics. I understand that most bonus feature payout is predetermined and it appears to me the payout seems to be closely linked to the amount lost in slot rather than length of time playing a particular slot. The slots themselves are random the bonuses are definitely not (other than pre selected before they play out).

Edited by Stormy

• 8 months later...

following this. I have lost £100,000 over the course of 4 months playing super star turns on ultra premium play/mega mainly ultra. And as many if not all of you will agree the ‘ average of £50 per catch ‘ is no way true. my mate sat and recorded 10 sessions in which I lost 2k each time & we calculated it to be £326 a catch. Gambling comission in trying to make betting on slots fairer have given the game makers a way to make even more money. Scam!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, adam1996 said:

following this. I have lost £100,000 over the course of 4 months playing super star turns on ultra premium play/mega mainly ultra. And as many if not all of you will agree the ‘ average of £50 per catch ‘ is no way true. my mate sat and recorded 10 sessions in which I lost 2k each time & we calculated it to be £326 a catch. Gambling comission in trying to make betting on slots fairer have given the game makers a way to make even more money. Scam!

The £20 - £50 megaspins games quite often played well. The £2 premium play just rapes you. Every single time.

The gambling commission have set out to make machines safer for the player, but in fact have just made them MORE dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree. I was having a bad session on a Coral's fobt slot this morning. Paying absolutely FA and after rinsing me of £250 got a couple of bonuses up which of course paid gash (because the "randomness" of the "no pay today" session).

I decided to push it a bit on Black Knight & Magpie Mayhem premium play. Got the Black Knight bonus up several times but of course expanding Black Knight MIA and bonuses were shocking £16, £26 & £59. Switched to Magpie Mayhem premium play and barely got in the game more than half a dozen times for circa 80 spins. No bonus despite all those extra symbols.

Premium play is shocking and I'm embarrassed I got suckered in again and now just mugged (verb and noun) my October gambling allowance.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:53 PM, adam1996 said:

I’m just going to let that sink in for a moment…. £100,000 in 4 months on slots?

That’s mental and shows how bad these machines are.

Im no angel myself and have lost more than I care to mention over the years… and my biggest ever lose was £12k in a day on roulette but that’s an horrific number…. Unless you’re a premiership footballer of course.

I wish you good fortune.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, JasonOuston said:

I know my reply is a bit late, but I'd like to join the topic. It can be a bit disappointing when you don't enjoy the games as much. Personally, I used to be a big fan of the mega spins, too, especially Ladbrokes reels of gold! It's easy to get carried away sometimes, chasing those elusive wins. 

Just been down for a walk and stuck a 10£ in. I went on 777 high and mighty game which is my fave. I played down to 3£ on 20p 50p stake and turned to lucky dip bags for one press. It came in on green bags but only won 6£. I got a wild 7 and a line colum of crowns on 1st 2 reels only if another 7 was peeping on 3rd reel it would have been quite a bit  but nothing lol.