Tier 4 Christmas - Off Topic - Stop and Step

Tier 4 Christmas

BlindHaze

In my opinion, we should never have said we’re going to relax the rules for Christmas. BoJo’s recent announcement has put my home town of Southend in Tier 4, so I won’t be able to see the family and most disappointingly my son Christmas Day, however thankfully I have Ms Haze to wile away the time and enjoy the festivities. We’re currently on the red wine and sherry already.

To everyone else out there in the same boat, I hope you’ve got someone to share the big day with. But happy Christmas to everyone and hopefully next year will be a better one. 🍷 

3 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

In my opinion, we should never have said we’re going to relax the rules for Christmas. BoJo’s recent announcement has put my home town of Southend in Tier 4, so I won’t be able to see the family and most disappointingly my son Christmas Day, however thankfully I have Ms Haze to wile away the time and enjoy the festivities. We’re currently on the red wine and sherry already.

To everyone else out there in the same boat, I hope you’ve got someone to share the big day with. But happy Christmas to everyone and hopefully next year will be a better one. 🍷 

If my test comes back negative I'll come and stay with you guys 😁

I've lived on my own for over 30 years now so it's business as usual. I keep getting letters from TV licensing saying they will soon pay me a visit, I could do with the company. The film "Misery" is flashing through my mind. 😎😎😎

1 hour ago, Mentholdan said:

If my test comes back negative I'll come and stay with you guys 😁

I've lived on my own for over 30 years now so it's business as usual. I keep getting letters from TV licensing saying they will soon pay me a visit, I could do with the company. The film "Misery" is flashing through my mind. 😎😎😎

You’d be more than welcome, Ms Haze has already berated me for buying the Christmas meats - a whole turkey and a ham that serves 22. Well, we need to have some cold cuts for Boxing Day surely...?

Oddly enough, I had a very threatening letter today from TV Licensing too saying they’re paying me a visit again soon... not needed a license in years.... can anyone name me another business where they send out letters saying ‘prove your don’t owe us money, we’ll come round if you don’t reply’? Disgraceful stuff.

6 minutes ago, cazza6565 said:

I am a bit anti Xmas so it won't bother me. Oddly enough I had TV licence letter saying we will visit on 17th Dec . Why when you say Ms Haze do i think school teacher.  

I’ve asked the same question, but she refuses to dress up as one even when I’ve been a naughty boy....

"They" say, if you don't own a TV you have to write to them stating you do not need a TV licence. Imagine not owning a car and having to write to DVLA telling them you DON'T need a driving licence??? 

tell them you dont watch live tv , say you only use netflix and there isnt jack shit they can do about it .you can also putt a sign on your front door saying cold callers will be charged 20 per minute , record his visit and invoice the bbc for your time .finally as you dont watch live tv tell them you want removed from their databanks . did the leter address you by name or was it just the blanket THE OCCUPIER ?

1 hour ago, ghost22 said:

tell them you dont watch live tv , say you only use netflix and there isnt jack shit they can do about it .you can also putt a sign on your front door saying cold callers will be charged 20 per minute , record his visit and invoice the bbc for your time .finally as you dont watch live tv tell them you want removed from their databanks . did the leter address you by name or was it just the blanket THE OCCUPIER ?

I’ve definitely not given them my name, all generic stuff, ‘legal occupier’, ‘sir/madam’ etc.30A940AD-BC6C-4E02-922D-CEE77F88C174.thumb.jpeg.36a1f4903ba71ea8669fb464fd90c417.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

Dodgy bastard. 

I'll just have to unpack again I suppose, to be fair I was worried that the bottles of Single Malt might get broken on the journey. 

On 12/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, BlindHaze said:

I’ve definitely not given them my name, all generic stuff, ‘legal occupier’, ‘sir/madam’ etc.30A940AD-BC6C-4E02-922D-CEE77F88C174.thumb.jpeg.36a1f4903ba71ea8669fb464fd90c417.jpeg

On 12/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, BlindHaze said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyP7L6HX6Ck

Do they still send out a generic letter to everyone on their database who doesn't have a licence. If they ever show up you can't you just tell them it's for Netflix/prime content and get the goons to jog on? My only visit was almost 15 years ago when I was at uni we just showed them the PlayStation (and lack of ariel) and they left. I imagine they probably do more strong arming now?

Sorry to those of you stuck in tier four at Christmas, we've been in some stage of lockdown or Tier 3 for 5 months and the lack of small trips to a cafe/arcade/pub are tough, but nothing compared to not spending time with loved ones over Christmas.

Archived