Online loss cap proposed - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Online loss cap proposed

DaveM

It'll be like self exclusion before gamstop. Lose £100 then go and register at a new site and repeat the process. It's good to have measures in place but alot of these regulations could start to affect punters who bet within there means.

nanny state , 25 quid a week aint excessive  , it wouldnt last an hour in the bar  , plus i think no one should have the right to delve into peoples lives like the stasi and where faceless people decide if your allowed to have a fiver on a horse , the games in trouble .........

Make card providers liable for losses on transactions they allow to gambling merchants not authorised by UKGC and it will stop instantly.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:16 AM, DaveM said:

Make card providers liable for losses on transactions they allow to gambling merchants not authorised by UKGC and it will stop instantly.

Maybe it could work with cards like Visa and Mastercard but there are plenty of payment methods available. Not to mention cryptocurrency where it's impossible to track the payment.

On 8/10/2020 at 10:16 PM, DaveM said:

Good idea, but doesn’t work in practice. Every merchant who gets a card machine/VT (for online payments) has their KYC done by an acquirer (card machine provider) and their bank where they have an account. The cardholder has to make to the decision where to spend their money and each industry is given their own MCC which outlines their line of business (this is why you can’t use a company credit card in strip joints for instance, as their MCC will more than likely be blocked).

A poor analogy, but an analogy nonetheless, is that I’ve just bought a really crap pint in my local Slug and Lettuce. That’s not my bank’s fault.

One solution that is available, is that you can ask your bank to perform a chargeback, based on the fact that your goods weren’t as advertised. It’s dubious whether you’ll get it back, but it’s worth a go.

Archived