William Hill's Tribute to QE2 - General Discussion - Stop and Step

William Hill's Tribute to QE2

DaveM

Hills have very generously paid tribute to the passing of the Queen by not offering the Scratch of the Day promotion today. So ruddy bloody kind.

I’m 65 years old and for my entire life this nation has had the same monarch which is quite mind blowing. I’m neither pro or anti royalist but if I were asked to choose I’d rather a monarch than a president or dictator. Reading social media I’m amazed at the hundreds if not thousands of tweets and comments celebrating the Queens death. To think these cunts are walking the same streets and breathing the same air as me?  If they feel the necessary compulsion to tell the world of their joy at her demise why don’t they write the same message on a placard and walk with it up and down their local high street? A family is mourning the death of a much loved member and how a complete stranger can celebrate that grief is for me at least a bitter pill to swallow.

• Like 1

I have seen very few post celebrating I've seen plenty not caring but that isn't the same thing.

Around 1700 people die every day in this country. The majority of whom have not paid £12,000,000 to a woman their son sexually abused when she was a minor.

11 hours ago, DaveM said:

Hills have very generously paid tribute to the passing of the Queen by not offering the Scratch of the Day promotion today. So ruddy bloody kind.

I had it on mine but got nothing worth while as normal?. The only thing i accept is sweepstakes. Look under promotions as its not on the main page. By December i think that one of the rules what are changing NO free bets and promotions. UK going backwards while VEGAS is going forwards. 

Edited by Skipper

Beat this one both my local Coral and william closed. No sign on Coral saying why but on William Hill door a note saying we are closed paying respect to our majesty the Queen blah blah blah. I actualy said out loud when i got there. "What aload of Boll***s. A pub next to it people out side heard me too. lol/

I mean yeah people die every day but dont come to a stand still. Where i use to work someone mum died and boss even made them move there days off which just happened to be mine so i switch which was a utter disgrace. 

You would think people lost too much money in the lockdown to close again too.

Edited by Skipper

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

I had it on mine but got nothing worth while as normal?. The only thing i accept is sweepstakes. Look under promotions as its not on the main page. By December i think that one of the rules what are changing NO free bets and promotions. UK going backwards while VEGAS is going forwards. 

Yeah, it seems to have reappeared later on. Normally it is there right after midnight

55 minutes ago, cazza6565 said:

Are you sure, its normally not available  till 8am onward

yeah,  scratch is late. I meant Dailly Drop. I normally play that before bed. But even if not available the link was still there. They weren't until late AM today.

18 minutes ago, DaveM said:

yeah,  scratch is late. I meant Dailly Drop. I normally play that before bed. But even if not available the link was still there. They weren't until late AM today.

I play that at breakfast hehe

14 hours ago, mr x said:

when the bookies was shut the arcades got very busy for some reason

Bookies only shut because no sport to bet and bookies only have 4 machines. If no sport pointless been open not the bookies fault its the gov. Labour wants gambling banned in UK if they get in next time.. I get quick cash on William hill site as no way im having card open and that day i couldnt even gamble online where i dont even agree with royal family to begin with. Sad that someone died but people die every day and when at my work someone gandma died the bosss told them to swop day off as theey were not letting them have it off. Disgrace.

Edited by Skipper

The bookies closed because they need to be seen doing the right thing and nothing more. Just the same as most of the tv adverts nowadays are depicting mixed race marriages, not because it’s perfectly natural it’s because the companies want to be seen in a better light. And it’s just the same as everyone in public office or on tv and other media wears a poppy in November.

The bookies closed for 1 day due to the death of the reigning monarch, the first time ever this has happened in over 70 years and in the history of betting shops and some people are moaning about it, wow.

Even if you’re against the monarchy and everything it represents at least show a little respect and compassion just for one day.

5 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

The bookies closed because they need to be seen doing the right thing and nothing more. Just the same as most of the tv adverts nowadays are depicting mixed race marriages, not because it’s perfectly natural it’s because the companies want to be seen in a better light. And it’s just the same as everyone in public office or on tv and other media wears a poppy in November.

The bookies closed for 1 day due to the death of the reigning monarch, the first time ever this has happened in over 70 years and in the history of betting shops and some people are moaning about it, wow.

Even if you’re against the monarchy and everything it represents at least show a little respect and compassion just for one day.

People said Never forget what happened on September 11th 2001 and not one person today or media said anything about it. Whats happened to cost of living, Russia, Covid, Thats all been cured all of a sudden?. Next month it be on to next big distraction. People will follow like sheep and only post what been told to them because a lot now let's face it been brainwashed only to put what they been told to.

Edited by Skipper

Not sure if it to do with the "Queen" but also in my local Coral and william hill the posters been taken down or is that with the new law what come in this month where they are not alowed to give free bets or promotions?