William Hill's Tribute to QE2 - Page 2 - General Discussion - Stop and Step

William Hill's Tribute to QE2

DaveM

8 hours ago, DaveM said:

Not sure where you red this but not accurate

Just look what they are trying to do now with slots compared to Vegas where most of other county you cant gamble. UK is getting to be a North Koea state be for long.. 

Edited by Skipper

Asked in coal this morning. Whats with all posters taken down?. Response in deep voice from a women.  RESPECT FOR QUEEN. I just did a OMG look. I thought why does that show respect taking some posters down?. 

Edited by Skipper

As I said in a earlier message, I’m neither pro nor anti royal. But I have been affected by the news, I felt emotional, I didn’t feel I was going to burst into tears or anything like that but it has as I say affected me. There’s a big change coming to what I’ve been used to for 65 years. Us “older folk” don’t like change very much. Younger people can accept it far easier I feel.  Also I can see how some people find all this news coverage is being bombarded at us, I certainly do but I can also understand why. You seem to be focusing on the little things, posters taken down, so what? They have screens everywhere with all the info you could need for every sport. By next Tuesday this will all be over.

Bookies are open from 8am till 10pm 7 days a week, I bet the staff were probably grateful of the day off.

it really isn’t that big a deal.

Do you honestly think that any government would want to ban gambling and lose all those billions in revenue??

1 hour ago, Mentholdan said:

As I said in a earlier message, I’m neither pro nor anti royal. But I have been affected by the news, I felt emotional, I didn’t feel I was going to burst into tears or anything like that but it has as I say affected me. There’s a big change coming to what I’ve been used to for 65 years. Us “older folk” don’t like change very much. Younger people can accept it far easier I feel.  Also I can see how some people find all this news coverage is being bombarded at us, I certainly do but I can also understand why. You seem to be focusing on the little things, posters taken down, so what? They have screens everywhere with all the info you could need for every sport. By next Tuesday this will all be over.

Bookies are open from 8am till 10pm 7 days a week, I bet the staff were probably grateful of the day off.

it really isn’t that big a deal.

Do you honestly think that any government would want to ban gambling and lose all those billions in revenue??

They are doing a lot to make it boring and not worth while. 

13 hours ago, Skipper said:

They are doing a lot to make it boring and not worth while. 

You’ll be pleased to know then that you’ve got all this to come again next year at the coronation  of King Charles. and again when Prince William is invested as the Prince of Wales. 

6 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

You’ll be pleased to know then that you’ve got all this to come again next year at the coronation  of King Charles. and again when Prince William is invested as the Prince of Wales. 

I will wait for next big distraction it all seems too scripted. where has covid gone especially with all them crowds. Yes it outside but not one wearing a mask or anything and dont forget it still meant to be here and so so dangerous. Not to mention Russia and cost of living and how much this funeral is costing tax payers in billions.   

Edited by Skipper

21 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I will wait for next big distraction it all seems too scripted. where has covid gone especially with all them crowds. Yes it outside but not one wearing a mask or anything and dont forget it still meant to be here and so so dangerous. Not to mention Russia and cost of living and how much this funeral is costing tax payers in billions.   

I’m no expert but even my peanut brain would guess that the funeral and coronation would generate much more  money than what it costs.

1 minute ago, Mentholdan said:

I’m no expert but even my peanut brain would guess that the funeral and coronation would generate much more  money than what it costs.

I can’t wait to get my mug and tea towels. Maybe this will put a smile on your face.

B9801807-705C-43CC-8A87-63AD1D40DFC1.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I find news outlets always have one main story and what was important yesterday (or for the preceding months) becomes today’s chip wrapper. Let’s not forget that the day that Princess Diana died, Mother Theresa died too and that barely got a mention. Regardless of anyone’s opinions of those two people, they were exceptionally well known worldwide. And also pre-COVID when pretty much every BBC news story was about Brexit. Suddenly Brexit ‘disappeared’.

The war in Ukraine is very much still ongoing and on the forefront of my mind, as are the extortionate energy bills, although the way the media works, it becomes a mere footnote in the daily news. 

1 hour ago, BlindHaze said:

I find news outlets always have one main story and what was important yesterday (or for the preceding months) becomes today’s chip wrapper. Let’s not forget that the day that Princess Diana died, Mother Theresa died too and that barely got a mention. Regardless of anyone’s opinions of those two people, they were exceptionally well known worldwide. And also pre-COVID when pretty much every BBC news story was about Brexit. Suddenly Brexit ‘disappeared’.

The war in Ukraine is very much still ongoing and on the forefront of my mind, as are the extortionate energy bills, although the way the media works, it becomes a mere footnote in the daily news. 

I always say its too scripted. In Corals she said they took posters down to show respect just to put new ones up telling people they are into honouring the queens death???. In wills they put the old posters back and said nothing more.

Edited by Skipper

• 1 month later...