Streamers - Page 2 - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Streamers

Mentholdan

A while back I made some unfavourable comments on here about Chipmonkz stream and he made a couple of wry comments on his twitch stream the following day. So I mentioned in the chat that my comments were justified and that they were meant to be more of a creative criticism if you like. To be fair to Alvin "Chip" he took it on the chin and actually agreed that it might be fair and justifiable to speak out and even "may" be helpful. He is also 100% transparent with his deposits and not only that, he advocates that "ALL STREAMERS" should be totally up front about their deposits and withdrawals. I don't find his channel as much fun to watch these days because he's "too slick". By that I mean the odd cock up here and there made for a fun element but he's got it off to a fine art over time, for me perhaps too clinical. I suppose the guy can't win with me lol but I think everyone understands what I mean, a kind of "blooper less stream" loses a few laughs. But, and its a big but, will one of the streamers actually "come out" and explain to the viewers, in depth, before a stream, exactly how their affiliation works and how it affects their audience.? 

After all is said and done, in the not too distant future I don't think we will be having these conversations because surely it can only be a matter of time before slot streaming is outlawed and deemed illegal. If anyone says that slot streaming does not encourage gambling and problem gamblers are as far as I'm concerned just sticking their head in the sand. People whe read this that do not have a gambling problem probably won't agree with me and slot streamers definitely won't agree with me. 

They know it encourages people to gamble thats why they do it, personally i would not have the conscience to do it, adding gamstop to ur stream is just a load of bollox, think of the amount they must be making, bandit can get through 50k in one deposit, give away 6k each month, wtf, i hit gamstop and i get the urge to play thankfully i cant, but this shit does not help addicted gamblers, it needs to stop 

As you said addicted gamblers no fault of the streamers its entertainment value, if you don't have the self control to limit what you spend but blame it on the streamers that's an easy get out clause th thousands of people watch and enjoy the streams there will always be problem people inadvertently lol sorts of ways bit don't take the enjoyment out of streamers because some people have jo self control 

I don’t watch any streamers, the thing that puts me off most is the thumbnail which usually pictures ridiculous gurning with the words ‘WORLD RECORD WIN!!!!’ daubed across the front in 90s clip art style.

3 hours ago, Kask0411 said:

As you said addicted gamblers no fault of the streamers its entertainment value, if you don't have the self control to limit what you spend but blame it on the streamers that's an easy get out clause th thousands of people watch and enjoy the streams there will always be problem people inadvertently lol sorts of ways bit don't take the enjoyment out of streamers because some people have jo self control

you think they do it for enjoyment, thats hilarious 

I think the,stakes these guys play puts me off whether its their money or not. I only tend to watch Darrens videos to be honest.

Most of us in the real world play £1 or £2 stakes I imagine.

Ps. To seaton-slots I want one of those bingo cards for us Glaswegians so need to change a few words lol

@cheese I was referring to the enjoyment most viewers get out of watching the content bit I'm sure most streamers also enjoy it. Cant understand people complaining about content stakes promoting stuff etc it's a gambling video of you have an issue with it just don't watch.

Streaming is a crazy business model, and I would be really interested in their revenue breakdown from Twitch, YouTube, website signups etc. 

It astounds me that some play £5/£10 stakes every day for several hours, and still make enough to pay the bills.

1 hour ago, RoughLily said:

Streaming is a crazy business model, and I would be really interested in their revenue breakdown from Twitch, YouTube, website signups etc. 

It astounds me that some play £5/£10 stakes every day for several hours, and still make enough to pay the bills.

Well they're never going to tell you what they make from streaming, those that stream for ten or twelve hours are a continuous advertising medium. Add to that what they make from punters losses, money from subscribers and even gifts of cash, they're laughing all the way to the bank. It's easy money, perhaps time consuming but they never have to leave their house and its definitely not what could be described as hard work. I watch and moniter them all and they all have a very similar profile. They all come across as control freaks and all stream with a bullying attitude. A lot of them start "losing it" when they see criticism in the chat and can get very verbally abusive, they will ask for slot suggestions with a smile one moment and snappily reply that they're not playing "that" game because they don't like it in the next moment. two in particular come across as very volatile carachters when criticised. They all show signs of an underlying gambling problem and tend to "tilt" very easily. They all seem to crave the attention and feel a sense of superiority in front of the camera.

The two that stand out head and shoulders above the rest that provide sheer entertainment, regardless of what stakes they play are Roshtein and The Bandit. 

You'll notice I make no mention of StopandStep, the reason being he doesn't stream. If he streamed regularly I would give an honest opinion. 

Of course all of the above is just my view on it and you may disagree but the next time you watch a streamer I urge you to pay less attention to the games and concentrate more on whoever is in front of the camera. Welcoming viewers in the chat as though they were long lost relatives and turning nasty in the blink of an eye and chat banning anyone who dares to criticise. After all, they've found the goose that lays the golden egg and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep it and control it. They've actually found a way to make a living and fund their own gambling habit at the same time. Happy days. 

Archived