Hey guys... - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Hey guys...

Jimbo_Jones12

Great vids Darren! 

It would be great to have some options for problem gamblers to contact other problem gamblers for help? 

I love watching your videos and trying my luck at arcades and places like admiral, cashino and bingo halls. I've seen most of your videos and see a great insight in to which games I'd enjoy playing and which ones I definitely wouldn't! 

3 minutes ago, Mikied1977! said:

I’d like to see more about people’s views on slowing down and preventing future gambling. We’ve all lost £ and think one day we will win it all back. 

I’m with you on that. The machines are programmed to pay 90%-93%, anyone who says they’re a winner in the long term is either deluded or outright untruthful. They’re meant to be entertainment, I hope most of us can see them that way.

As for problem gamblers, there was a thread started on that issue here. I don’t think it wasn’t intended to be a roll call for everyone who’s had problems, although hopefully it can be used as a wake up call/you’re not alone thread for people who may be slipping down the pole.

I made a topic myself about it with a little information on it, but I completely agree - Darren could help quite a few people out in this respect. One of the best ways to combat a gambling problem is talking to other people in your situation or someone who's there to help.

My message box is always open if you need a chat

Hi mate

Really good of you to reply. These games can be very entertaining and Darren seems to live a glamorous lifestyle with no consequence to losing a few hundred quid. I hate to sound like a drag but gambling should be enjoyed and if we stick together and support one another it could be managed to know that nobody has to be alone? 

I made a topic myself about it with a little information on it, but I completely agree - Darren could help quite a few people out in this respect. One of the best ways to combat a gambling problem is talking to other people in your situation or someone who's there to help.

That was a great post, and thanks. There will be a 'responsible gaming' category opened up shortly so everyone can chat and offer advice if they feel they need it. I'll also try and move your post over to that new category so more people can see it.  

Decent that, glad you've got that in mind. Even gambling companies themselves look to help people with problems (probably legally more than anything). 

On 4/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, LiamJ said:

My message box is always open if you need a chat

You're totally right, thanks for taking the initiative. Hope we can make a place where people can be honest about their situation without being judged.

It's fair to be skeptical about gambling companies too - where does a VIP end and a problem gambler begin for them?

Archived