FOBTs now lock you out for 30 seconds if they detect problem gambling - General Discussion - Stop and Step

FOBTs now lock you out for 30 seconds if they detect problem gambling

SimonF

Has anyone been locked out yet? Apparently it is already live in Betfred, Coral and Ladbrokes

https://www.gamblinginsider.com/news/8186/analysis-cool-off-system-needed-trialling-before-fobt-cut

Every gambling machine across the UK’s betting shops will soon feature software designed to pick up on signs of problem gambling and prevent it from happening.

If erratic or excessive play is detected, the system will lock players out of machines for 30 seconds. While the machine is locked, it will display warning messages about responsible gambling on its screens. The artificial intelligence (AI) Anonymous Player Awareness System was launched earlier this month and developed by the Betting and Gaming Council (BGC).

The system will detect when players are chasing losses, spending too long on a machine or playing a succession of games rapidly. It is already live in 1,600 Betfred shops and in 3,200 Ladbrokes and Coral shops.

I had that happen, but it was literally after 3 minutes! Maybe I went on it too soon after someone. The strange thing is, this only applies to bookies despite the terminals now being exactly the same in arcades.

2 hours ago, StopandStep said:

I had that happen, but it was literally after 3 minutes! Maybe I went on it too soon after someone. The strange thing is, this only applies to bookies despite the terminals now being exactly the same in arcades.

Same thing happened to me, short time at 50p stakes, it was no big deal though. 

Archived