Someones impersonating Darren on you tube. - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Someones impersonating Darren on you tube.

Carole A

There is someone who is impersonating Darren on you tube. They have the same name and logo. For example, if you look at the video posted last Friday 5th March 2021 called " Bonus Hunt with 10 BONUSES: Sausage Party, Wish Maker, Rick & Morty & More!" - I commented about the £1 stake idea. I've two replies from "stop and step" - one asking me to link with them on WhatsApp, the other encouraging me to invest in digital currency's. Clearly its not Darren but just so others beware. 

Hey Carole, just seen the posts. Jeez, there’s some odd people out there....

Just removed about 120 comments from him and now my thumb hurts.... thanks for the heads up 👍

I did raise this with darren a few months ago after i saw a stop and step in several stream chats across a few channels and asked if it was Darren on a private message on here but he never responded. I had a feeling it wasn’t him esp after stop and step was seen without a spanner on hideos slots stream chat 3-4 months ago and the real darren is a mod on there. Darren you need to make youtube aware

Hi Carole, thanks very much. He's been blocked and reported so hopefully that's that.

5 hours ago, Cash or Bust said:

I did raise this with darren a few months ago after i saw a stop and step in several stream chats across a few channels and asked if it was Darren on a private message on here but he never responded. I had a feeling it wasn’t him esp after stop and step was seen without a spanner on hideos slots stream chat 3-4 months ago and the real darren is a mod on there. Darren you need to make youtube aware

Hi Cash or Bust. I'm sure I replied to that, so sorry if I didn't. YouTube allows people to use other people's names, so the person in the chat would have been a different person to the one who posted today's spam.

6 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

Hey Carole, just seen the posts. Jeez, there’s some odd people out there....

Just removed about 120 comments from him and now my thumb hurts.... thanks for the heads up 👍

Ah thanks Blindhaze! The joys of being a mod 🙂 Are you able to block people too? 

54 minutes ago, StopandStep said:

Hi Carole, thanks very much. He's been blocked and reported so hopefully that's that.

Hi Cash or Bust. I'm sure I replied to that, so sorry if I didn't. YouTube allows people to use other people's names, so the person in the chat would have been a different person to the one who posted today's spam.

Ah thanks Blindhaze! The joys of being a mod 🙂 Are you able to block people too? 

It was a slow day at work so gave me something to do 🙂

I can’t block people, I can only remove their posts.

15 hours ago, StopandStep said:

No worries dal. I know youtube allows people to use other peoples names but he was using your stop and step logo as well and pretending to be you in the chat which is not allowed. If another imposter turns up then we will let you know mate. 

Archived