Showcase Meeting Tipping Challenge? - Page 3 - The Mentholdan Lounge - Stop and Step

Showcase Meeting Tipping Challenge?

Results for the showcase meeting day 2

King....

2:05 Lost -£10

2:40 Lost -£10

3:15 Lost -£10

3:50 Lost -£20 (losing nap)

4:25 Won +£27.50

5:00 Lost -£10

5:35 Won +£29 advised e/w

day total = -£3.50

Menthol:

2:05 Lost -£10

2:40 Lost -£10

3:15 Lost -£10

3:50 Lost -£10

4:25 Lost -£10

5:00 Lost -£20 (losing NAP)

5:35 Won +£40

Day total = -£30

Results for the meeting....

King +£18.13

Menthol -£110

Not a good meeting for Menthol but sure he’ll bounce back.... Next up, the November meeting in 3 weeks.........

season 20/21 score line...

King 1 v 0 Menthol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diabolical, 1st fence fallers and the nap pulling up after 2 furlongs. I switched over after the racing to watch the movie Secretariat and I wouldn't have been surprised to see him get beat 😁 Standout prospect of the meeting was I Am Maximus, standout performance was easily Frodon, can we have a female Gold Cup winning jockey for 2021? Never in my wildist dreams can I see him winning a Gold Cup, so all things being equal you all better lump on him now. Aintree tomorrow, a lucky track for me normally. 😎

frodon with that weight was an  unbelievable perrformance  🙂 , , such a quick jumper and a joy to behold , thought   i am maximus looked good for  henderson in the bumper  , are you guys doing aintree today ?

On 10/24/2020 at 8:21 PM, Mentholdan said:

Diabolical, 1st fence fallers and the nap pulling up after 2 furlongs. I switched over after the racing to watch the movie Secretariat and I wouldn't have been surprised to see him get beat 😁 Standout prospect of the meeting was I Am Maximus, standout performance was easily Frodon, can we have a female Gold Cup winning jockey for 2021? Never in my wildist dreams can I see him winning a Gold Cup, so all things being equal you all better lump on him now. Aintree tomorrow, a lucky track for me normally. 😎

Well they seem to think Faugheen could have a tilt at the GC.... anything’s possible.

No horse 10yo+ has ever won it so good luck to them with a 12yo.... 13yo by the next running

I'm trying to imagine Frodon coming up that hill and repelling the challengers bearing down on him from two out and it just don't work for me. As for Faugheen, I'm now imagining all those England games where they go in losing at half time and the panellists saying how England can turn it around and they come out in the second half and play just as shit as they did in the first half. Faugheen the machine will need a bloody good engineer. Not impossible but highly unlikely. Almost 6 months till the Gold Cup, plenty of time to make your mind up. On a personal note, I'd really like to see Venetia Williams get the winner, has to be in the top 5 NH trainers in th UK for me. Henderson is getting a few winners but his horses aren't quite right yet and the same could be said for Tizzard. I still can't make my mind up about Nico De Boinville, he strikes me as another Tom Scudamore, I often find myself questioning their decision making during a race but I suppose if Henderson is happy with him  then that should be good enough really. 

3 lucky 15s today, only small ones to while away the afternoon. I've done one with short priced horses, one with mid range prices and the other with longshots. Had an 8-1 winner yesterday so things may be about to turn around. 🙄

IMG_20201028_125216.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm busy tomorrow morning so I'll put these up now and take a chance none of these will be non runners. 

1.15 Tango Boy

1.50 On The Slopes

2.25 Mossy Fen

3.00 Tiger Roll

3.35 Polish. Nap

4.05 One True King. 

I've seen better cards at Cheltenham. 😁

No sign of "The King" I hope everything is OK. I drew a blank on Friday £70 loss. As The King is absent I didn't bother posting the selections yesterday and lo and behold I had three winners, 2/1 13/2 and the nap winning at 7/1. You can't make it up. No point putting today's selections up but just to say today's nap would be Proschema. 

On 11/15/2020 at 1:14 PM, Mentholdan said:

No sign of "The King" I hope everything is OK. I drew a blank on Friday £70 loss. As The King is absent I didn't bother posting the selections yesterday and lo and behold I had three winners, 2/1 13/2 and the nap winning at 7/1. You can't make it up. No point putting today's selections up but just to say today's nap would be Proschema. 

Sorry mate I’ve been busy with stuff, although I had a good win on Tuesday.

The November meeting was pretty poor for me although my new(ish) favourite mare Put The Kettle on dug me out a bit on the Sunday. 

Archived