Showcase Meeting Tipping Challenge? - Page 2 - The Mentholdan Lounge - Stop and Step

Showcase Meeting Tipping Challenge?

4 hours ago, cazza6565 said:

i am a miserable Glaswegian so i want more than Evens.

your odds are worse than Fred.

My money is on the king for a repeat win

Those odds are what a bookie would offer in a tight contest... that’s why it’s called the over round 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty poor turnout but it seems covid has a lot to do with that. I've found this difficult today but here goes.

1.50 Finisk River 

2.25 Soldier of Love

3.00 Hijack

3.35 Northern Beau ew. 

4.10 Presentandcounting

4.45 Return Ticket

5.15 Bennys Bridge Nap. 

3 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Had a tip for Byron Hill 4.30 Newcastle and one of my horses to follow, Dazzling Dan runs in the 2.40 Doncaster, 12-1.

😂😂😂 I’m waiting on the favourite in that race for a treble with Galvin & Ocean Wind!

cue the 20/1 rag bearing them both...

That Ocean Wind is a machine by the way.

6 hours ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Here we go...  all win unless stated

1:50 Ask for Glory

2:25 Galvin (Nap)

3:00 Our Power £5 E/W

3:35 Beat The Judge £5 E/W

4:10 Faivoir

4:45 Fusil Raffles

5:15 Bennys Bridge

Kings results....

1:50 unplaced -£10

2:25 Won (Nap) @2/1 +£40

3:00 unplaced -£10

3:35 Placed @ 4/1 £0

4:10 Won 4/11 +£3.63

4:45 Won 4/5 +£8

5:15 Unplaced £-10

Daily P/L = £21.63

5 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Pretty poor turnout but it seems covid has a lot to do with that. I've found this difficult today but here goes.

1.50 Finisk River 

2.25 Soldier of Love

3.00 Hijack

3.35 Northern Beau ew. 

4.10 Presentandcounting

4.45 Return Ticket

5.15 Bennys Bridge Nap. 

Dans Results

1:50 Unplaced -£10

2:25 placed -£10

3:00 Unplaced -£10

3:35 unplaced -£10

4:10 unplaced -£10

4:45 unplaced -£10

5:15 unplaced NAP -£20

P/L = -£80

So day one of the two day meeting comes to a close. King has a reasonable day with a winning Nap and a couple of shorties going in as well.

Surprisingly menthol draws a total blank but then we all have days like that...

Current state of play

King +£21.63

Menthol -£80

can easily be turned over, couple of decent winners in handicaps tomorrow could see the menthol man come with a wet sail to take the first big NH meeting win of 20/21!

It has now been 5 x lucky 15s and 1 x lucky 63 without a single winner, that's 26 selections. I never back favourites at short odds as I always look for a value angle, my methods have served me well in the past and I liken this run to a bonus drought on the slots. I was lucky to win £1700 on PP slots last week and I'm looking at the new fridge freezer with a drinks dispenser "I've always wanted one of those" that I bought with my winnings so I wont be going through the drawer looking for the cutthroat just yet. Here is todays effort. 

Nordano 2.05

Not that Fuisse 2.40

Goodbye Dancer  3.15

Cobra De Mai 3.50

The Macon Lugnatic 4.25

Jens Boy * Nap  5.00

I Am Maximus 5.35

6 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

It has now been 5 x lucky 15s and 1 x lucky 63 without a single winner, that's 26 selections. I never back favourites at short odds as I always look for a value angle, my methods have served me well in the past and I liken this run to a bonus drought on the slots. I was lucky to win £1700 on PP slots last week and I'm looking at the new fridge freezer with a drinks dispenser "I've always wanted one of those" that I bought with my winnings so I wont be going through the drawer looking for the cutthroat just yet. Here is todays effort. 

Nordano 2.05

Not that Fuisse 2.40

Goodbye Dancer  3.15

Cobra De Mai 3.50

The Macon Lugnatic 4.25

Jens Boy * Nap  5.00

I Am Maximus 5.35

Each to their own I guess mate, there’s nothing wrong with looking for those that are priced wrong (I am Maximus at 8/1 this morning a prime example) and I will bet longer prices where I feel they have a genuine chance.

I do however tend to stay towards the top of the market, I’m looking for horses that will outclass their opponents and that generally means it’s one of the first 3 or 4 in the betting.

Means I have to have a higher strike rate but it works for me.

Part of the reason I live racing, it’s all about opinions!

Archived