YouTube comments grind my gears ⚙️ - General Discussion - Stop and Step

YouTube comments grind my gears ⚙️

The crisp man

I could never be a youtuber, I'm far too sensitive, I wonder if Darren ever gets pissed off with the comments some people write?

They seem to follow a similar trend, if he does bad in a bookies or an arcade, "oh why you playing there, you should play online, it's a million times better."

If he does bad online, "oh the videos have gone rubbish now, he plays differently."

Are these people ten years old or never gambled in their lives? It really shouldn't, but these comments piss me off 😂

Yeah, I think you need a thick skin to put anything online for public (and often anonymous) comment.

It’s easy for me to say as they’re not my videos, but sometimes you’ve just got to roll with it - I remember how every FOBT video used to have comments such as ‘you should play roulette as these slots are crap’ and ‘roulette’s so boring, you should play xyz slot instead’. You can’t win em all or please everyone - just put a mixture of games up and you’ll get the followers as StopandStep has.

Ps - StopandStep, don’t put anymore roulette videos up as they’re really dull 😜

Some of the comments are harsh or over the top definitely, but you have to be able to say if you don't enjoy the video or Darren will never know what people like or not, but there's ways to put your opinions across without being a dick,  Darren is the only streamer I watch cuz he's definitely legit and shows the upside and downside of gambling others seem really unrealistic 

You've probably got to have a bit of a thick skin to not let some of the bad comments get to you. 

Thing is though that any comment, (good or bad) counts as an interaction with YouTube's algorithm. The more interactions the more your channel gets recommended etc. 

Down votes are another issue, catch anyone of his vids within seconds of being uploaded and there are always a few thumbs down. I'm not sure how these work with YouTube's algorithms but I'd guess a vote either way won't count unless you've watched at least a percentage of the video.

The only person I ever watch on YouTube now is Andrew Camarata and he's got nothing to do with slots. I find the chat on the streams now is so infantile, I just wonder how old the average viewer is? About 11 I would imagine judging by the comments,  "by the way Darren, can you give a shout out to Mike Hunt and Hugh Jarse" id like a quid for every time they come up. This is why The Bandit is the No. 1 streamer, he doesn't have live chat because he doesn't stream live and he entertains his viewers. If however you do have questions about Covid 19, Football, politics or any other current affairs topic, just ask Nickslots or Chipmonkz those two know it all. 

Archived