Glorious Goodwood - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Glorious Goodwood

Mentholdan

Goodwood meeting starts tomorrow, my main bet tomorrow will be Space Blues in the 2.45, current odds 9/4. Looking through all tomorrow's runners I'll also be having a fun lucky 15. 

Benny and the Jets. 3.45 Goodwood 22/1. See my Baby Jive. 2. 00 Ayr 7/2. The Jean Genie. 5.00 Yarmouth 22/1. Unforgettable. 5.45 Galway 10/1. I like doing the odd coincidence bet. 

nice one sir , space blues duly dots in , had a 20 double with stradivarius , was calling franky every name under the sun 2 out  but he did it well in the end 🙂

1 hour ago, ghost22 said:

nice one sir , space blues duly dots in , had a 20 double with stradivarius , was calling franky every name under the sun 2 out  but he did it well in the end 🙂

Thanks, Space Blues was a very easy winner who showed a blistering turn of foot when asked the question. I backed him to win £450 which was a large bet for me but I've mentioned this horse here on the forum at least half a dozen times in the last year and he seldom disappoints so he didn't owe me anything and I fully expect him to step up to group 1 company next time which will probably be abroad as there are no 7 furlong group 1 races run in this country, which is a bit naughty if you ask me but anyway wherever he goes next you can back him knowing you'll get a good run for your money. Stradivarius also won very comfortably in the end, yes it looked like Frankie had given himself a bit to do but in hindsight he was giving over a stone to the O'Brien horse and he would have been crazy to try and grind out out a battle in the straight with that one and if you watch the replay you could argue Frankie did the right thing holding him up or that he got lucky when the gap finally appeared. I think he won so comfortably in the end that it doesn't really matter. Would you back the 2nd or 3rd to turn the tables if they meet again? definitely not. 

I had a non runner in my fun lucky 15 so I put Hi Ho Silver in its place, just because of the Jeff Beck song back in the 70s, anyway it turned out to be the only winner "I took 8/1 this morning" so a return of £25 giving a tenner profit and stake for another lucky 15 tomorrow. 😁😁😁

space blues easy 👍

horse tonight at yarmouth awesomdude was supposed to be an evens shot per RP and won at 9/2 and they say drifters never win 🙃

I don't want to get too in depth with the Sussex stakes or any race for that matter otherwise I could rattle on for ages. Just to, say I'll be opposing Siskin with Kameko, I'll just say that he's improving with every run and I think the track at Goodwood will favour his running style. My main bet tomorrow isn't at Goodwood but at Thirsk. Machree runs in the 5.00 and currently on offer at 9/2 he ran a great race first time out this season doing his best work toward the finish and he's won 2nd time out for the last two seasons so he's had his prep run and ready to win tomorrow. 

There's horse at a massive price that I'm interested in tomorrow and that's Tara Dylan in the 5.15 at Galway. Currently priced at 33/1 I think it's worth a decent each way bet. I've been watching this horse for some time now and I'm not worried if it does get beat tomorrow as I'm sure there's a race to be won at a big price with this horse this season. The trainers horses are in great form at the moment though so tomorrow "could" be the day. 

Kameko got boxed in after a very poor ride and I'm convinced he will get his revenge, as good as the winner is, I'm sure Kameko is better. Tara Dylan was oh so tenderly ridden, 6 lengths behind the whole field until they turned into the straight, moved up easily on the outside when it was far too late to finish 6th, the win is imminent. Machree won easily nothing to add to that. Two winners in two days. 😁😁

Archived