Social distancing - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Social distancing

RichPar

What does everyone think of the partitions that most amusements have now put in place? 
We went to one place in Torquay yesterday where they are clear plastic and are pretty hard to see. Got fed up banging my shoulder on them. 
Hoping a vaccine is found soon so we can all get back to normal. 

I expect it is much more likely they will come up with a cocktail of drugs to better treat patients who get covid-19 bad  than find a vaccine anytime soon. A bit like how HIV is treated.

It is likely covid-19 will mutate into new strains, most will be weaker, but not all... So vaccines will need to adapt much like flu vaccines. More positively my understanding is research facilities are trying to find universal vaccines for flu and same for coronavirus and of course much more resource is being put into this around the world.

With regard to social distancing, coronavirus is so contagious my guess if you are in an enclosed space and somebody is contagious you will probably get it (coughing, sneezing, talking etc). So the decision is do you minimise risk by avoiding non essential enclosed places. For instance I am happy to sit in a beer garden with table service but less inclined to sit inside a pub.

We will probably know more about post lockdown infections by mid August and deaths by mid Sep. Can't help thinking this might be tough winter, I just hope it don't rain for months like last winter.

In the beginning of all this I isolated myself hardcore. I only left the house to buy groceries but after 2 months I realised it affects me too much and isn't good for my mental state. Now  I am trying to keep some social distance without letting it change my lifestyle a lot. I still go out with friends or to eat out but I always go to open spaces and I have limited my circle of friends. When I am in closed space I wear a mask. I wash my hands regularly and use hand sanitizer.

I had no friends before this pandemic so I am not fazed.

Can't comment on amusement arcades yet as we have none opened yet this side of the border. No fobts in bookies, no tv's, no chairs or tables.

What would make me go in eh nothing.

Archived