Apartments - Off Topic - Stop and Step

Apartments

Skipper

Who lives in an apartment?. I lived in a 18 block apartment before this one but just had to move as too many people coming and going and person above thought he was in pent house and could do what he wanted. He shouted out one night Im in penthouse as im on top floor. He had parties till 4AM. He broke cupboard doors arguing with his "girl friends" and the other stuff you do constantly. So i moved out.

Im living in a 4 apartment block now which is empty below for last 2 and half years yay. Any way next door below is 90 and thinks shes in charge and other day she came out to me and asked what i was putting in bins. I looked confused and just said every day rubbish.  She told me to stop going to bins and wouldn't think i had that much rubbish.  I mean yes bins are full of big black bulk bin liners and gets full straight away where i just use small bags. In past she shouted at me for not working. She said quite nasty why dont you work and why dont you have friends. I said Ive had a kidney transplant and other health issues and friends i chose not to have any. Then she said get back to work i dont understand why. 

Then she moaning about people above with noise all time and they left a pram other day in corridor for 2 minutes. She was moaning at me and them at same time so i just said if it bothers you that much go to management so she said in rage. I AM MANAGEMENT IM INCHARGE. I just said oh right and just walked off and she shouted up. Thats love you can go now. I was feeling like mmmmmmmmmmmm.

She gets on at me because of parking and says she can park in my space because i dont drive even though we get allocated parking and my dad uses it but she dont think it right.

Today she was talking to cleaners and heard her say hes getting to be a nasty peace of work so i went out and asked did you call me a nasty peace of work. She said no and whats it to you are you listening to everything we say?. I just said that i didnt like what you said other day but she denied she was calling me that and so did cleaners but.

May be i shouldnt have gone out but she is really getting to me that she thinks she can put her nose in when other people cant. May be i shouldnt have just opened door like that and just left it but be she winding me up with now attacking me and them above all time. I know shes 90 but that no excuse.   

Edited by Skipper

Neighbours can completely ruin your home life. Especially nosy old bints like the one you have.

My neighbours are a real mixed bag. To one side we have an old lady, who’s registered blind and has NHS care workers come round several times a day to check up on her. She’s obviously never any trouble and we very rarely even hear her. And the other side I think might be a drug dealer.

Sometimes the old lady’s family come round. I spoke to her son a while back and said that if she needs anything like getting shopping in, just let us know. He was grateful but understandably wary as he said that some of the care workers had stolen from her, so was very careful about who’s allowed in. They even had to put a sign on her front door saying ‘smile, you’re on CCTV’.

Sad times.

• Like 1

Jesus she sounds mental and i would probably challenge her if she was my neighbour. I live in a block of 8 flats and i am top floor. Never seen next door no idea if anyone lives there. Woman below me is nice and next door to her is a polish couple with one child. Both sides on the bottom with the gardens look at me as if i am beneath them. No idea anyone's names or who lives in the other flats. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

Who lives in an apartment?. I lived in a 18 block apartment before this one but just had to move as too many people coming and going and person above thought he was in pent house and could do what he wanted. He shouted out one night Im in penthouse as im on top floor. He had parties till 4AM. He broke cupboard doors arguing with his "girl friends" and the other stuff you do constantly. So i moved out.

Im living in a 4 apartment block now which is empty below for last 2 and half years yay. Any way next door below is 90 and thinks shes in charge and other day she came out to me and asked what i was putting in bins. I looked confused and just said every day rubbish.  She told me to stop going to bins and wouldn't think i had that much rubbish.  I mean yes bins are full of big black bulk bin liners and gets full straight away where i just use small bags. In past she shouted at me for not working. She said quite nasty why dont you work and why dont you have friends. I said Ive had a kidney transplant and other health issues and friends i chose not to have any. Then she said get back to work i dont understand why. 

Then she moaning about people above with noise all time and they left a pram other day in corridor for 2 minutes. She was moaning at me and them at same time so i just said if it bothers you that much go to management so she said in rage. I AM MANAGEMENT IM INCHARGE. I just said oh right and just walked off and she shouted up. Thats love you can go now. I was feeling like mmmmmmmmmmmm.

She gets on at me because of parking and says she can park in my space because i dont drive even though we get allocated parking and my dad uses it but she dont think it right.

Today she was talking to cleaners and heard her say hes getting to be a nasty peace of work so i went out and asked did you call me a nasty peace of work. She said no and whats it to you are you listening to everything we say?. I just said that i didnt like what you said other day but she denied she was calling me that and so did cleaners but.

May be i shouldnt have gone out but she is really getting to me that she thinks she can put her nose in when other people cant. May be i shouldnt have just opened door like that and just left it but be she winding me up with now attacking me and them above all time. I know shes 90 but that no excuse.   

If she’s getting to you then she’s winning, you have to play these people at their own game. I live in a three story apartment block, one woman in particular never speaks to me so I go out of my way to speak to her. Every time I see her in the building or in the grounds I say good morning how are you today? She never answers so I just carry on the conversation for her by saying oh I’m fine thank you it’s a lovely day etc and I just keep doing it until she’s out of earshot. Another resident, a man in his 60s “same as me” sits in the lobby and waits for other resident as they come in to strike up a conversation. He played on my generous nature and captured me every time. One day as I came home with my heavy shopping he started going on and on and in the end I said to him were you born stupid mate or did it just come naturally to you. I’m standing here with these really heavy bags of shopping and you want to tell me the same fucking stories about your job as a picture hanger in Buckingham Palace. What part of I don’t give a fuck don’t you understand.?

Because people could just walk past him in the lobby he has now taken to sitting in our laundry room so he has a captive audience when they come in to do their laundry.

I had to put a no junk mail sign on my door because it was getting ridiculous the amount I was getting. After a week the postman was still ignoring it so I waited behind the door when I saw him  approaching, sure enough he shoving flyers and money off coupons through the letterbox so I opened the door and said to him are you the only fucking dyslexic postman in your office, read the sign and don’t do it again. 
you need to stand up to these people and nip it in the bud or they’ll make your life a misery, trust me I know. What these morons do is mental cruelty and they know exactly what they’re doing. 

• Like 1

Yup next door neighbour who are in there 20s with a baby moved in above about 2 years ago actually did tell her off.  Old biddy always moaning at them for bangs and little noise. One morning not so long ago 20 odd year old lass told her to mind her own Fing business blah blah blah. Below continued so she wrote a note on door saying stop the bulling as she was calling her funny Annie out loud from bottom of steps. Now all i here from above next door are loud bangs which are more then like now on purpose but is annoying me at the same time especially on a night.

Even though ive had a kidney transplant and other issues i have helped her to carry a couple of bags in as she couldnt. I can only just lift my self but can do it. Ive also fixed her TV as it wasnt working and all thanks i get is blah blah blah.

As said i dont have any friends in real life and only people that come are my parents so she be on to them first chance she gets but all ready gave them the heads up.

Edited by Skipper

She was shouting again yesterday at someone else parking in visitor carparking who was going to other side apartments which also belong to this carpark. Again came out of her apartment opened main door and started yelling at him you cant park there. 

To be honest i think its her hobby.

Edited by Skipper

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

She was shouting again yesterday at someone else parking in visitor carparking who was going to other side apartments which also belong to this carpark. Again came out of her apartment opened main door and started yelling at him you cant park there. 

To be honest i think its her hobby.

There are 42 apartments in my block with only 12 parking spaces in our small car park. This causes untold amount of arguments among visitors and residents. There are umpteen signs up saying RESIDENTS parking only but I frequently come home to no spaces available at all. I live very close to Sutton railway station so there is no parking allowed in the street. Many a time I’ve had to sit in my car in our car park for 1-2 hours waiting for a space. The biggest culprits are carers who seem to think that because they do such a worthwhile job they have the right to park there. One particular day I had waited about one and a half hours for a space before someone  “not a resident”  decided to leave. I couldn’t manoeuvre into the space until they pulled away. In the meantime another car entered the car park from the other side of the exiting vehicle and pulled into the space. I got out of my car and approached the driver who was a man in I’d say his early thirties, “I’m 66 in April” I said excuse me but I’ve been waiting an hour and a half for a space and you nipped in while I was waiting for the other car to pull away. He replied, “do yourself a favour mate and fuck off because you’re too old to mess with me”  I said get of your car and I’ll show you who’s too old to go toe to toe with you mate. I said your mother lives here and no doubt you’ve come to see her? How would you like it if you heard someone your age talking to your mother like that. My language was a little more colourful than that but anyway he reversed his car out to let me in, he was apologising and shaking my hand.

when someone is in the wrong they must be taken to task, you can’t be mild mannered Clark Kent all the time or people will do it all the time. If neighbours saw me walk away with my tail between my legs they would think they can do the same because I was a pushover. 

like I said I’ve seen loads of confrontations in that car park and to cap it all off the landlords have made it clear they wish to build another floor on top of the block for another 16 apartments. I can see trouble brewing in that car park 😀😀😀

The window cleaners came last week, they just park up and block everyone in. ☹️ There are 5 covered parking spaces, all blocked in as well as those on the right, including mine, the black one ☹️☹️☹️

D594ADC0-557A-45A8-AC78-46D2AD27B13F.jpeg

That seems a bit strange only having a small car park with that amount of apartments. Gardeners here do same with all equipment on back but she dont say anything to them and even offers them a cuppa. But this poor old block she was shouting at him yesterday. In car park there is enough for all 8 blocks for 1 car and 4 VP spots and he even parked in the VP spot to go to other apartment block which belongs to this carpark.

Edited by Skipper

• 2 weeks later...

Ive talked to her a couple of times in corridor since she said something to me. Since then though me and next door got a letter about bins and leaving stuff in corridor claiming its a trip hazard etc. I just put the letter to one side knowing it doesnt concern me.  Any way i was speaking to her today and she told me im having manager in on Tuesday. She didnt say what for but if manager comes to ask to speak to me i will say what she has said in past to me and that she thinks shes in charge of us. Just so annoying some people well one in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

Well think it about time to call real management up and make a complaint. Management never came but the old women been shouting up nearly every day to above next door. last night at 20:00pm and 7:45AM this morning she started. Person in apartment came out and shouted "YOUR LOOSING IT" to her. Apartment below using it as a factory and lives else where as women who owns moved into her daughters and cant look after her self any more been 85. Her daughter took it up on her self to say one of her neighbours round corner can use it as a factory. Been making loads a noise with machines too. 

Ive had a kidney transplant and other health issues and im only 43 and dont need this. Apartment living sucks. 😞

Apartment empty below but who ever rents or buys it will not have a problem with me with noise and if they did all they have to do is ask. But yet daughter of the person who own its let someone have it who live round corner as a factory. She just been on holiday for 2 weeks and probably back tomorrow. I will be saying something after how next door below been shouting up at her neighbour above. Apartment living can drive even the nicest person mad.

Just found out the old person just had a bad stroke 😞 but still no way to treat people how she been for last 3 years i been here.

Any way below person what dont live here came round this morning to work using a compressed air machine blurting threw apartment at 7:45AM this morning. not very happy. Think a complaint is in order. I did shout down you can not do that at this time but with no consideration to begin with that doesnt stop her. Cant wait for summer when it starts getting warmer and light she be round earlier it bad enough in day with it..

Edited by Skipper

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

Just found out the old person just had a bad stroke 😞 but still no way to treat people how she been for last 3 years i been here.

Any way below person what dont live here came round this morning to work using a compressed air machine blurting threw apartment at 7:45AM this morning. not very happy. Think a complaint is in order. I did shout down you can not do that at this time but with no consideration to begin with that doesnt stop her. Cant wait for summer when it starts getting warmer and light she be round earlier it bad enough in day with it..

An Englishman’s home is his castle.

19 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

An Englishman’s home is his castle.

Yup. If i have to make noise if it cleaning or washing machine etc I always wait until after 09:30AM and never put anything on after 18:00PM what can cause loud noises even when empty below. Just a lot these days have no consideration no matter what age. If you was working coming in late yes i would accept noise like that until 21:30PM.

Edited by Skipper