Racing tomorrow - Horse Racing - Stop and Step

Racing tomorrow

Mentholdan

I have shares in a horse that’s having its first ever run tomorrow. The horse is called Richhill and runs in the 12.55 at Chepstow. The trainer Dan Skelton says Richhill has done everything asked of him in training. Wish us luck.

9 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

I have shares in a horse that’s having its first ever run tomorrow. The horse is called Richhill and runs in the 12.55 at Chepstow. The trainer Dan Skelton says Richhill has done everything asked of him in training. Wish us luck.

Had an odd 69p in my account, just risked it all on Richhill 😁

Edited by BlindHaze

22 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

That’s what I like about you, your confidence is infectious.😀

It must be confidence, I just took the unspecified starting price! Hoping my large wager doesn’t scare the bookies into making  him odds on! 🤣

53 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

It must be confidence, I just took the unspecified starting price! Hoping my large wager doesn’t scare the bookies into making  him odds on! 🤣

You must have put the wind up em cos it’s been backed in to 9/1 now 😉

Richhill ran a brilliant race on his first ever appearance, jumped the last in the lead and just beaten on the run in to finish third to more experienced horses. 22/1.  Going to have a lot of fun with him over the next few years. The race was split into two divisions and his race was run 5 seconds faster than the other. 

11 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Richhill ran a brilliant race on his first ever appearance, jumped the last in the lead and just beaten on the run in to finish third to more experienced horses. 22/1.  Going to have a lot of fun with him over the next few years. The race was split into two divisions and his race was run 5 seconds faster than the other. 

I didn’t see the race, I only checked my slip last night. Sounds like he was definitely worth a punt at 22/1, I’ll have to keep an eye out for him in future! 

20 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

I'm confused as yesterday wasn't its first run. Are you meaning for team Skelton 

1 hour ago, cazza6565 said:

I'm confused as yesterday wasn't its first run. Are you meaning for team Skelton 

Richhill had its first ever run “under rules” yesterday. It ran three times before in point to point races in Ireland and winning the last one. These races are “amateur jockeys” and basically a showcase for selling future national hunt horses. Most racing papers will not show any form regarding these races, only form from “bumper races” these are races for future national hunt horses but without any obstacles, “national hunt flat races” Richhill runs in the colours of the Owners Group, I bought my shares at about £60 each, most I kept and some I gave as presents to family and friends. It can be a very inexpensive way to become involved in racehorse ownership. I couldn’t go to Chepstow but I gave my members badge to my friend who enjoyed all the perks. 😀

2 hours ago, cazza6565 said:

Here are some pics my friend took yesterday , Jonjo O’Neil , Dan Skelton, and the last pic is Harry Skelton wearing the Owners Group Colours.

4588C43D-6E9A-46DF-B39F-F4BF9D449E8B.jpeg

49F40F91-B555-4085-90EE-56798D9768E6.jpeg

B0911E0B-1294-45FA-B151-824568EDC2E1.jpeg

7FAEF53C-686A-4139-8302-9702C03BEEC7.jpeg

F2CC7CC8-48F1-4DB3-8641-C8B5CE7237AD.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Richhill has had a breathing operation since his first race as the jockey said the horse made a noise when coming to the last hurdle in the race so the op. should help his breathing. He is now back in training and looking forward to see him running soon.

Since his first race the horse that won it has run again since and won by 8 lengths, the horse that finished second in the race ran yesterday and won a grade 2 hurdle by 4 1/2 lengths so hopes are high for Richhill when he does run next.

Fingers 🤞 

• 1 month later...

Richhill is entered in the 2.05 at Doncaster on Friday, it depends on the state of the ground if he runs. Also today he was entered in the Ballymore hurdle at the Cheltenham festival, it’s a grade 1 race, the 1.30 on the Wednesday. Odds for that are currently 66-1 but if by some miracle he manages to win on Friday or wherever his next race is then those odds would surely shrink. It’s all pie in the sky at the moment but we can all dream. Stranger things have happened.