A new approach, maybe. - General Discussion - Stop and Step

A new approach, maybe.

Mentholdan

I’ve not been too well lately and just last week I was signed off work permanently as “unfit for work”. When you know you’ve got money coming in or money owed you can afford to go a bit bonkers sometimes but if I’m not working as is the case now my slot playing days look like they’re over.  I love a flutter so now I’ve got more spare time on my hands “ all day everyday”  I’ll just stick to my lucky 15s and 31s  a £1 lucky 31 can keep you entertained over a few hours as opposed to 31 £1 spins on a slot can disappear in less than 2 minutes. Now I’ve got more time to study form I might pick up a win more often. 😂😂

Sorry to hear that pal, I hope it’s nothing too serious and that you’re bearing up ok.

Completely agree with your sentiments around slots and sports betting. When Ms Haze watches something terrible on Netflix, I often sit on my phone, spinning away for an hour and can lose a small fortune. If I stick a football bet on, my £5 stake will hopefully  last at least until halftime! 

Yeah can definetely agree with both of you . I'm in Salou at the moment so can't play online  even if I want to. No into the whole VPN hassle. Nearest bookies is a bit of a walk too. Me personally canny wait till footie season starts back.

I’m poly arthritic, not exactly life threatening but extremely painful. I can only assume that as I’m due to retire next April they decided “what’s the point”.

Anyway I’m just going to take it easy this summer and if things don’t improve il just stop work all together. I’ve been self employed for 50 years so I’ve only got myself to answer to. 😀

Good luck to you Mentholdan, half a century’s hard graft deserves some well earned rest - if the boss disagrees, have a word with him 😜

Hopefully you have something to manage the pain. Can’t be comfortable and I feel for you. 👍

Yes it’s very painful, some days are better than others, not many of them though.  The max weight for bags of cement and plaster are 25kilos 4 stone in old money, when I started work in 1971 they were all 50kilos, 8 stone. I was only 7st 7lbs and I remember the boss saying if I couldn’t carry a bag up a flight of stairs I may as well go home. I remember it gradually sliding off my shoulder and down my back but I managed it. Within a month I could lift them above my head and by the time I was 18 I could manage one under each arm. I had a slipped disc when I was 24 and never really been the same since, 8 weeks of work, I actually went back to work while I was still on crutches. I could meet with architects and surveyors and the like but took a few more weeks before I was back on the tools. Always had aches and pains and twinges ever since. These pics could be the very last job I’ve done, finished it a couple of weeks ago, I don’t mind tiling, therapeutic. 😎

C1E55FE4-EA4A-452C-8329-47F1C2D9638F.jpeg

E61C38A2-D5EC-4D7A-BC1E-A5E4D6D17853.jpeg

3EEB4F3D-852A-4964-8C4E-F250CFF50153.jpeg

F62F82CA-7D00-45B5-A952-E58B19E3A803.jpeg

Tiling looks very nice Mentholdan.

Enjoy your time off and looming retirement and concentrate on the horses. I have always found it far more profitable as there is an element of skill.

Most of my L15 betting is with Bet365 as although they only offer double odds for one win, they do offer BOG and if it is a televised race match the biggest prices around. I also bet with Slybet for small stakes as they offer some nice football enhanced bets (example: Salah to have a shot on target @ evens), money back if 2nd/3rd/4th etc and the weekly free £5 horse racing bet. Prices are generally crap but I seem to keep my head above water with them.