Camelot lose National Lottery - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Camelot lose National Lottery

Mentholdan

Camelot have lost the National lottery and favourite to take over from them is Czech owned company Allwyn, Camelot are a Canadian company and it makes me wonder why a British company can't run it? Apparently Allwyn are committed to do more to aid problem gamblers/gambling which has swung the bid in their favour. There is plenty of info on line about those in the running to take over the lottery and its explained in far better detail than what I can here. 

It always brings a cynical smile to my face when gambling companies say they want to help problem gamblers. The best way they could do it is to close down their business. It’s a bit like Frosty Jack saying he wants to help alcoholics…

Anyway, back on topic, I very rarely do the lottery nowadays. The jackpot isn’t what it used to be and I think they added 10 extra balls to it a while back. A few taps on the calculator shows how much your chances of a win diminishes with that.

5 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

It always brings a cynical smile to my face when gambling companies say they want to help problem gamblers. The best way they could do it is to close down their business. It’s a bit like Frosty Jack saying he wants to help alcoholics…

Anyway, back on topic, I very rarely do the lottery nowadays. The jackpot isn’t what it used to be and I think they added 10 extra balls to it a while back. A few taps on the calculator shows how much your chances of a win diminishes with that.

My school of thought is that its only £2 and what else can you, do with that.? Also, hand on heart, I think to myself that if I did win then how many people I could help out. I also tell myself that I, don't need the jackpot, just 5 numbers and the bonus ball would be enough for me to go back to Spain and see out the rest of my days there. 

8 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

My school of thought is that its only £2 and what else can you, do with that.? Also, hand on heart, I think to myself that if I did win then how many people I could help out. I also tell myself that I, don't need the jackpot, just 5 numbers and the bonus ball would be enough for me to go back to Spain and see out the rest of my days there. 

That’s a fair point. To be honest, I went to the shop earlier for bread and milk and picked up a couple of lucky dips on impulse… first time in about 6 months or so though. 

I know it was just under 14,000,000/1 to hit all six with 49 balls and I did it fairly frequently in those days. I just got irked when it increased to 45,000,000/1 and doubled the price of a ticket.

5 hours ago, Stepandstop said:

Most annoying thing is they are fazing out national lottery scratch cards in 2024

no more scratch cards videos Darren 😆😆

I didn’t realise they were going. To be fair, didn’t they have an overall RTP of about 50% though?

The best thing a lottery company could do is to change numbers to coloured 1—7. Would force stop p the birthday players and the chained to same number players

I've done the same 6 numbers for years, my dad did them for years as well and I just carried on with them when he died. So I do those and 1 lucky dip twice a week. The most I ever had was 4 numbers but I handed over a bunch of tickets to be checked in my local shop and the guy gave me £300 because I forgot I did the weekend lotto when I put the midweek lotto on so consequently the only time I had 4 numbers I actually had the prize twice. 

10 hours ago, Chicken dinner said:

don't really care who runs it, as long as I win the jackpot, which l should have a few years ago, still haunts me to this day :classic_sad:

Tell us more, don't leave us hanging. 😜