Why gamble for £500? - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Why gamble for £500?

Just curious to ask because I see plenty of YouTubers for example on £300 and gamble to £500 only to lose the gamble. Then lose further gambles due to being greedy. The total winnings would have been more than £500. Is it the excitement of winning the £500, regardless of putting in £700 for example, is that the goal?

17 minutes ago, Robert198812345 said:

Just curious to ask because I see plenty of YouTubers for example on £300 and gamble to £500 only to lose the gamble. Then lose further gambles due to being greedy. The total winnings would have been more than £500. Is it the excitement of winning the £500, regardless of putting in £700 for example, is that the goal?

Couple of things with this in my opinion. 

Firstly yes, it is always nice to win a jackpot rather than a lower amount but sometimes the gamble is plain stupid. I’ve seen people gamble from £400+ to win £500 and lose. 

Secondly,  and I know someone will probably correct me on this, but despite the fobt’s being ‘random’, I think taking lower wins alters your chance of winning bigger wins in the same session. 

Some are definitely compensated but it seems this is the case for most. 

So, and again only my opinion, going for jackpot seems a good idea when in the moment! 

make sense? Or garbage 😂

For me it’s easy - clickbait. 

you get more than the difference from £300 to £500 in revenue streams than you do for the ‘jackpot’ win. But without gambles and jackpot wins you won’t have any viewers . It’s a no brainier, the youtubers are gambling so the viewers don’t have to. The viewers give them revenue and on it goes. 

Darren will often have videos and thumbnails with the gamble wheels and introduce the video saying he is going to push the gamble. I don’t think it’s greed, he’s just playing to his audience and can afford / makes business sense to do it. 

I've never gambled. The way I play is like this. For example I put £5 in a machine, that's 25x 20p spins, when I finish the spins I'll take what I won, could be 20p or £8. I only wish there were good chances of getting pots and jackpots on lower stakes, they entice you to do £2 stake with higer win percentage.

2 hours ago, Robert198812345 said:

I've never gambled. The way I play is like this. For example I put £5 in a machine, that's 25x 20p spins, when I finish the spins I'll take what I won, could be 20p or £8. I only wish there were good chances of getting pots and jackpots on lower stakes, they entice you to do £2 stake with higer win percentage.

That’s very similar to how I play - the only difference is that I may have a gamble if there’s some free spins available.

Last time I played was a month or two back, managed to get the pots on 20p stake on that Dragon Spins game. Paid about £60 so 300x. Cracking result considering you can only get 250x on £2!

10 hours ago, Faceman said:

Couple of things with this in my opinion. 

Firstly yes, it is always nice to win a jackpot rather than a lower amount but sometimes the gamble is plain stupid. I’ve seen people gamble from £400+ to win £500 and lose. 

Secondly,  and I know someone will probably correct me on this, but despite the fobt’s being ‘random’, I think taking lower wins alters your chance of winning bigger wins in the same session. 

Some are definitely compensated but it seems this is the case for most. 

So, and again only my opinion, going for jackpot seems a good idea when in the moment! 

make sense? Or garbage 😂

They say it's "random" but it has the same odds of winning as compensated. The number generator adjusts the winning chances accordingly, there's no difference between compensated and random. Random just sounds better, if it was the same random chance every time then how would they be able to set the payout %.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 3:15 PM, Robert198812345 said:

If you take the £300 it's less likely that it'll offer those "further gambles".

And you chase the £500 because you're on there to make money, or to get the buzz of winning the big amounts. Unless you don't play like that, which to be honest is probably the best thing to do... easier said than done though!

That's Ben mentioned before, so if I took the £300 for example and didn't gamble, how would I not be offered any further gambles?

Ok I have seen Darren not too long ago win £500 gable with the smallest of pie chart pieces. The machine algorithm may want to pay out or randomly stop at that pie chart section that just happens to be £500.

I created this post out of curiosity as a non gambler, not criticising anyone's game style as we all have preferences.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, e_abrams said:

They probably make the money back off the Youtube views. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Probably correct I think this may be why the jackpot has stayed at £500 for years while Darren can afford to take crazy gambles

a lot of people can’t if the Jackpot was say £700 you would have people gambling £500 just to  win the extra £200 and lose 

this could go on in endless circle 

On 3/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, Faceman said:

... Secondly,  and I know someone will probably correct me on this, but despite the fobt’s being ‘random’, I think taking lower wins alters your chance of winning bigger wins in the same session.  Some are definitely compensated but it seems this is the case for most. ...

This is the view I have come to as well, when playing slots on fobt's. I have never had much success gambling wins on them, but I think it is because I gamble wins very differently to Darren.

I mostly collect wins but occasionally if things are going particularity well I might risk a few gambles to try and hit a jackpot and usually epic fail. Darren on the other hand seems to go all in with gambling wins during some sessions and has a fair amount of success. But I've noticed it is often recovering from a poor start. Watching the way Darren gambles up to £500 is interesting. Sadly I don't think I have the temperament to cope with the annoying losing gambles. Especially as the wins or losses do seem to come in cycles of one or the other.

On 5/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, mjl5656 said:

Probably correct I think this may be why the jackpot has stayed at £500 for years while Darren can afford to take crazy gambles

a lot of people can’t if the Jackpot was say £700 you would have people gambling £500 just to  win the extra £200 and lose 

this could go on in endless circle 

That is a good point, I agree.