Big stakes - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Big stakes

Jnrboi

5 hours ago, StopandStep said:

I would say there's no chance, but I think it's time the jackpots were increased. They've been £500 for nearly 20 years.

I completely agree with this. £1000 or £2000 would be a bit more realistic in todays day and age.

2 hours ago, Jnrboi said:

Yes that would be good like I’ve had £500 jackpot and 30 spins remaining so would be nice to see them go up to £1000

The odds on the gambles would change to account for the increase in potential prize, but it would be good if they could pay more. 

1 hour ago, Mentholdan said:

£1000 jackpot NEVER going to happen. 

In my opinion £750 to £1000 would be a reasonable amount considering it's being 20 or so years since £500's were introduced.

Firstly, never in my wildest dreams can I see the bookies doubling the jackpot and second, I wonder if  there's any government ruling that dictates a cap on £500.?? The bookies would use the excuse that it encourages problem gambling. It would be nice to see but I think highly unlikely. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, Mentholdan said:

Firstly, never in my wildest dreams can I see the bookies doubling the jackpot and second, I wonder if  there's any government ruling that dictates a cap on £500.?? The bookies would use the excuse that it encourages problem gambling. It would be nice to see but I think highly unlikely. 

It wouldn't have any effect on the bookies / arcades / services though, it's not like they'd pay out at the same frequency because that would make the RTP 99.5% or something. A bigger jackpot wouldn't mean any less takings for them, in fact I reckon in the short term the takings would go up as people would be chasing their first big jackpot.

• Like 1