Probably worthy of its own thread... - Off Topic - Stop and Step

Probably worthy of its own thread...

BlindHaze

I was going to comment on @Mentholdan’s thread last week when he said he was going to hold onto his hard earned cash for a while  after finishing a herringbone flooring because I’ll be doing the same, but for different reasons.

The good news is that, after 7 years together, Ms Haze has agreed to become Mrs Haze. I honestly couldn’t be happier and, at the ripe old age of 41, I feel that I’m finally taking the last steps towards being a complete man. I won’t get too soppy, but she’s great 🙂

As such, no gambling for me for a couple of years. I only spend about £20 a week on average, but that works out at about £2k over 2 years. Definitely a sum that could help towards wedding costs.

So, I’d like to raise a glass to Ms Haze  🥂she’s joining me in the pub this evening to cheer on Portugal for the last leg of my last acca to come in. I don’t hold out too much hope, but will end up with £100+ Including my balance anyway which will probably pay for one sit down meal....

Ps - I realise that a lucky 63 was a poor bet when 4 of them were odds on, but I was a little delirious when Eye Of Horus paid out so went a little crazy.... 

AFBF79C5-810E-4954-9FAC-6D614D34B975.thumb.png.72aaf3e28bc3b243b0bb81f92e279972.png

• Like 1

aww I knew it was that when  read the title. Congratulations to you both. 41 year old that's nothing I was in my 50s when I got married lol

Ms Haze aka the school teacher, I need a new name for her now lol

Can I be the first to congratulate you mr haze 

I’ve been happily married to Nicola for 18 years she’s a good girl wouldn’t change her for the world 

only problem is she hates gambling 

I think Darren should be best man 😁😁

Just to clarify, any money I have has been hard earned and it never bothers me if I lose any of it gambling, that's the risk you take. It was just that particular week a d job, I spent most of it on my knees and the accuracy needed doing all the cuts for the job was more mentally hard work rather than physical work. But what was going through my mind was that if I lost any money THAT WEEK, it would seem like I worked all that week just to give some of it to the bookies. I'm fitting a kitchen this week, pretty straightforward  so back to normal. 😎😎😎

Thank you all, it honestly means a lot 🙂

@cazza6565 maybe not a teacher anymore, but could be a good name for a headmistress 😉

@Stepandstop thankfully Ms Haze is pretty nonplussed about gambling, but to be honest I don’t really share it with her. She knows I watch StopandStep’s videos and that I have a PP account, but if I told her I’d just lost £20, she’d probably just give a disapproving tut... best avoided to be honest! I’ve also shared a few stories here, so probably enough for StopandStep to give a pretty good best man’s speech!

@Mentholdan pretty low key affair I think, we’ve not really agreed on any kind of plans, but she mentioned last night that she wasn’t too keen on a wedding breakfast whereas I’m a bit of a traditionalist and think that’s a must. A slightly devious side of me wonders if we can book somewhere but not mention the word ‘wedding’ as everything seems to triple in price as soon as you do. Probably not possible, and we’d need 2 venues for that (one to get married, and another for the after party), but if I can save a few quid on the way then I’m up for it! And I didn’t mean to cast aspersions on your gambling, I just thought it was a pretty relevant thread 🙂

As a bit of an aside, I’m not sure if anyone else has a PP account, but there’s a daily bonus wheel where you can win cash, free spins, a scratch card or most likely bugger all. If I remember, I’ll open the app every day to give it a spin - who thinks I can break a tenner by the end of the year…? 

Lol I have been doing the Ladbrokes one every day for at least a year. Never had anymore than 5 free spins.  I get "unlucky" spin on the wheel at least 4 times a week. Plus the free spins are 10p so never gonna win big

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

Well, today’s the day…. Wish me luck!

Omg is it here already. I have hospital app today for injections 😭 so your post has cheered me up now. Hope you have a great day today and Ms Haze will soon be Mrs Haze. Best wishes to both of you xx

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:40 AM, cazza6565 said:

Omg is it here already. I have hospital app today for injections 😭 so your post has cheered me up now. Hope you have a great day today and Ms Haze will soon be Mrs Haze. Best wishes to both of you xx

We certainly did - a few tears last night and even more sore heads this morning…!

Hope your injections went ok and you’re not in too much discomfort. 🙂