Boring old Megaways, Thoughts? - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Boring old Megaways, Thoughts?

TheJackJock

I've been watching a lot of gambling streamers and videos on youtube and megaways seems to be growing massively in popularity. They can pay huge sums of money, however, I do find the entertainment value lacking.

Do you think that megaways are a little boring? Same type of game pretty much, just with different topic. 

Every single classic slot seems to turning into a megaways game. No originality at all. I know a few have different kind of bonus rounds but let's no lie every single one is 90% the same. 

Do you think some new fresh concepts should be created? And if not how can these games becoming more original? 

Not all of them but some give you another free spin if you have a win. It works out the same as one larger win and lots of dead spins, but there is an illusion of getting more from the game. Then they often put blockers on the third reel and loads of wilds on the 4th and 5th, or give you a line of honey badgers for sod all. They can be a pain to bonus as well, like Bonanza and WWTBAM so fairly boring for an occasional player. There seems to be more chance of winning Euromillions than hitting a theoretical 5-6 scatters or max megaways.

I would prefer them to have more linked jackpot slots, so even on a small stake your next spin could hit for 5 figures as long as they don't mess with the RTP. More linked machines means more jackpots for average players. My small stakes are better spent on sports bets or 49's and less on slots because they don't hit big anymore. 

Well I also agree the Megaways have been done to death

in a way thank goodness for the Buy Bonus cap as when the streamers could buy the bonus all it was worth me one mega ways after another 

Archived