Lottery Draws and Fairness - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Lottery Draws and Fairness

scrambled316

Has anyone ever noticed that the 49's draw in the bookmakers always show the draw live from four different cameras. The wide shot of the drum with the 49 balls flying in all directions is shown only when the previous number has been drawn. You never see the ball go from the machine into the tray. The journey of the ball from draw machine to the winning number tray is never shown. So this means you can never tell if the ball comes from the machine or not. The Irish lottery draw is independently overseen by KPMG, an independent body. 49's draw is produced by SIS and film by them. SIS is a satellite uplink company since the 1980's and provide pictures and text to bookmakers in the UK and Ireland, plus all over the world where applicable. SIS is owned by some major bookmakers.  Do you think the draw should be shown from a wide shot or has people had good wins and are happy how the process is done. Any feedback would be welcome. If I get time I will record the SIS draw on my computer and provide a video. Many thanks.

The ones never to bet on are virtual races. Your bet has to be on 10 seconds before the race or it will be VOID. Before the race goes off they know which are their biggest liabilities, for that reason I don't trust them. 

2 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

The ones never to bet on are virtual races. Your bet has to be on 10 seconds before the race or it will be VOID. Before the race goes off they know which are their biggest liabilities, for that reason I don't trust them. 

That’s a fair point

Fair comment about Virtual racing. It is a numbers game (pick a random horse or dog using your favourite numbers or names) it says no more bet six second before the off, and bookmakers want bets on at least ten seconds before the start of the race. I have only ever known one big winner when a Lucky 15 was all correct and the player won over £70,000 for a £15 total stake. As for the 49's I wanted to uploaded a video I took from WH website but it is too bi, so I uploaded three photos instead, as my satellite dish can not see 4.8 East at the moment. Does not show much thought. Make up your own mind about this. But to see one of the strangest lottery draws ever search for the Serbian lottery draw on You tube, or click the following link. 

vlcsnap-2019-10-15-00h15m26s480.png

vlcsnap-2019-10-15-00h15m58s784.png

vlcsnap-2019-10-15-00h16m11s216.png

I agree. The lottery is always a strange one. I always wondered why there was not more winners of the jackpot. But when nearly 1 in 14 million chance of winning, I suppose that answers my question. Do play it much so don't really concern me. Just wanted to know other member opinion on it. Thanks.

Archived