Impossible task - Off Topic - Stop and Step

Impossible task

BlindHaze

I was one of the lucky people that was able to continue to working throughout lockdown, but as I’m sure you remember there was a bit of a problem at the time which was trying to buy food. I’d go to my local Tesco and Sainsbury’s and the shelves were bare. I’d get there before work at 7am when they opened, and also after work at 6pm. Nothing you could really make a new out of. No meat, no veg, no rice nor pasta, in fact it was 2 weeks before I could get a loaf of bread. 

When it came to dinners, the only real option I had was takeaway, so I downloaded Uber Eats. It served me well until the panic buying subsided and I could go back to normality and get a weekly shop in.

I think it’s because I haven’t really used the app that much recently that they now try to entice me in with special offers, such as this one they sent me yesterday. I kind of skim read and thought 25% off is a pretty good deal, however then I read a bit closer and saw the offer in full. 25% off my next 50 orders by 13th October. That’s 5 orders a day for the next 10 days. They may as well have addressed the email with ‘Dear Fat Bastard’....

Did anyone other Uber Eats users get the same offer or are they just mocking me?

9FE8CF32-9C59-4E35-89CE-746406762557.jpeg

Archived