Nothing to do with slots... - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Nothing to do with slots...

Mentholdan

I was just wondering if anyone else here has been watching Lovecraft Country on Netflix. Every once in a while a brilliant TV series comes along that just gets better with every episode and I would be interested on anyone's thoughts on the series. It's totally off the wall which is right up my street. 

I've not seen it, but I have just binged on Snow Piercer which is surprisingly good! Although it would have made more sense to live in domes rather than have a train circle the world 😕 

Yes loving LC it's brilliant writing. Has teeth.

I'm also a big fan of WATCHMEN the HBO series - it just won the most Emmy awards for any show last weekend. The story and the acting are fantastic. 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/watchmen-emmys-best-limited-series-1234775407/

The show won 11 Emmys in total, including Regina King for best actress in a limited series or movie;

On 9/21/2020 at 5:12 PM, Mentholdan said:

I was just wondering if anyone else here has been watching Lovecraft Country on Netflix. Every once in a while a brilliant TV series comes along that just gets better with every episode and I would be interested on anyone's thoughts on the series. It's totally off the wall which is right up my street. 

got up and did the housework , smoked a spliff and stuck it on , fucking excellent show man , iv just watched whiteys on the moon , am gonna have to finish it now , the hound can walk himself for once 🙂

1 hour ago, Skippy888 said:

Yes loving LC it's brilliant writing. Has teeth.

I'm also a big fan of WATCHMEN the HBO series - it just won the most Emmy awards for any show last weekend. The story and the acting are fantastic. 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/watchmen-emmys-best-limited-series-1234775407/

The show won 11 Emmys in total, including Regina King for best actress in a limited series or movie;

Is that based on the movie? One of my favs. 

Yes same storyline - goes back in time and explains some of the characters. The story seems bizarre but it has some guanine 'did not see that coming' plots. Very clever and all makes perfect sense when you know whats going on.

6 hours ago, StopandStep said:

I've not seen it, but I have just binged on Snow Piercer which is surprisingly good! Although it would have made more sense to live in domes rather than have a train circle the world 😕 

I saw the movie, not seen the series, I'll give it a look. 

2 hours ago, ghost22 said:

got up and did the housework , smoked a spliff and stuck it on , fucking excellent show man , iv just watched whiteys on the moon , am gonna have to finish it now , the hound can walk himself for once 🙂

I don't watch many TV shows, but this, along with Better Call Saul and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel are my current favourites. Lovecraft and Mrs Maisel have great music. 

5 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

I don't watch many TV shows, but this, along with Better Call Saul and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel are my current favourites. Lovecraft and Mrs Maisel have great music. 

have you seen boardwalk empire man ? best thing iv seen on tv  in years , possibly in my life 

1 minute ago, ghost22 said:

have you seen boardwalk empire man ? best thing iv seen on tv  in years , possibly in my life 

Yep, love Steve Buscemi, never seen him in a dud role. 

1 minute ago, Mentholdan said:

Yep, love Steve Buscemi, never seen him in a dud role. 

theres a new one called ratched about nurse ratched out of one flew over the cuckoos nest , might be worth a watch 

Archived