Still got it - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Still got it

Mentholdan

Actually it's gambling related, my mate bet me £400 I couldn't build his workshop in a day, the cheapest quote he got was £1200 so I'm not really sure who's the winner? 🤔🤔

Boarded out the roof yesterday and decided to install the electrics today. Felt roofs are old hat now and the in thing now is fibreglass roofing. Never done one before so look g forward to the challenge. 

IMG_20200925_121605.jpg

1 hour ago, Skippy888 said:

Looking for faults.....cant see any A+ 👍

btw you can tell if someone has done blockwork before... nice and straight, even gaps etc, tips hat

As you can see the floor is damp that's why I got the roof boards on and then covered it with a tarp. I can't put the fibreglass roof on until I'm sure there's no rain for 24 hours. I'm a plasterer by trade but don't enjoy it any more, I really enjoy carpentry but can't make much money at it as I'm a bit slow at it. I enjoy plumbing but don't have any certificates and at 63 I don't fancy sitting the exams. 

1 hour ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Good to see your back working mate!

Goid work there, are you a brickie to trade?

No mate I'm a "spread" plasterer but I can turn my hands to most things but these days you need certain papers to "sign off work" such as plumbing and heating and electrics, if you can't sign off your work then any insurance becomes invalid. Basically, legally I can install a bathroom suite or kitchen and do minor electrics such as in the pics but that's about it. On the up side my work is very varied which makes it less tedious doing the same thing week in week out. A few weeks ago I even dug out footings for an extension all by hand, manually carried 2 ton of ballast through the property and concreted the footings all by myself. I didn't just do it for the money but to see if I could manage it alone and also I knew it would do me good fitness wise. The two things that worry me the most at my age is not being able to work or drive any more. 

Archived