Pc spec - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Pc spec

Mike w

Hi Darren it was my mrs who asked about 

what pc spec you have tonight on your live stream , just wanted to know as she wants to do live-streams but our laptop can’t handle it so wanted to know what processor cpu hdd ssd etc you got on your pc , you can view it in the settings I think any help would be great as we are clueless on what we need to support it. Thanks mate @StopandStep

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi! I wonder if these specs are suitable for safe live-streaming (Intel Core i7 3.40GHz,8GB RAM, 64 Bit OS). I'm asking because I've already had a bad experience with my previous laptop, and I want to be sure before purchasing a new laptop.

What is your budget for the new laptop? You tend to get what you pay for with laptops i.e. cheaper ones tend to have weak battery life and poor quality screens. I can recommend a couple at different price points which would be fine for streaming. What screen size/resolution, storage capacity are you after? 

Edited by Stormy
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 9:11 PM, oreliebumby11 said:

Hi! I wonder if these specs are suitable for safe live-streaming (Intel Core i7 3.40GHz,8GB RAM, 64 Bit OS). I'm asking because I've already had a bad experience with my previous laptop, and I want to be sure before purchasing a new laptop.

I can't explain why, but my prior laptop's hard disk got fried. Therefore I was left only to reach for a salvage data company salvagedata.com to extract my information. I had to pay a high price, and I suppose you understand why I'm so concerned and hesitant in choosing a new one.

To me, those specs look ok, but I haven't upgraded or looked at computer specs in a long time. The main thing you need is a good internet connection, upload as well as download speeds. 

Are you streaming slots? Most of those don't require too much tech, so you should be ok.