Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheKingInTheNorth

Off it for 4 weeks

Recommended Posts

Well after a pretty up and down period since start of July I got myself into the position yesterday where give or take I was approx £400 in front for that period with £800 in cash to play with in my sky rocket.

Anyway I made the fatal error of taking the lot into Ladbrokes this evening and playing ultra on RR drops of gold I got absolutely turned over within 45 mins!

At one point it cost £286, yes £286 for a shot!

Anyway, in the bookies with £800, out without the BFH (luckily I drive🤣)... Double fortunate I’d left the bank cards at home or I could have done some real damage!

Anyway now -£400 which isn’t what bothers me, losing £400 on slots in 6-7 weeks is not bad in all honesty but it’s the nature in which it was done, just utter “in you come, bend over and take this!”

It tells me I’m too involved again so decision made, no slots until I come back from Spain. Go in two weeks for two weeks so that will give me 4 weeks to clear my head and get more reasonable again!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urgh.... I know the feeling, been there and done that. A few years back it really got to me, I’d play £2 stakes and I might turn my £20 into £80 before my arse had even warmed the seat and that wasn’t enough for me, I wanted to play, so obviously I’d lose the lot and more....

I only play FOBTs every few months or so nowadays, and always on the lowest stakes. And I’ve read on here that people are having the same experience as me on Eye Of Horus. I got a feature, retrigger on the first spin, and ended up with a fiver. Equivalent to £50 on £2 stake. I could laugh it off playing 20p, but it’s no fun....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I need to take a few weeks off it mainly because it had reached the point today where I was actually just bored witless, no enjoyment in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Well after a pretty up and down period since start of July I got myself into the position yesterday where give or take I was approx £400 in front for that period with £800 in cash to play with in my sky rocket.

Anyway I made the fatal error of taking the lot into Ladbrokes this evening and playing ultra on RR drops of gold I got absolutely turned over within 45 mins!

At one point it cost £286, yes £286 for a shot!

Anyway, in the bookies with £800, out without the BFH (luckily I drive🤣)... Double fortunate I’d left the bank cards at home or I could have done some real damage!

Anyway now -£400 which isn’t what bothers me, losing £400 on slots in 6-7 weeks is not bad in all honesty but it’s the nature in which it was done, just utter “in you come, bend over and take this!”

It tells me I’m too involved again so decision made, no slots until I come back from Spain. Go in two weeks for two weeks so that will give me 4 weeks to clear my head and get more reasonable again!

£286 for a shot, that's just crazy. It reels you in to keep playing though as to me I always think, "well it cost £286 for one, so surely the next few are just going to drop straight in!" As I said the other day I did £420 in coral in similar circumstances on a super spins on action bank. I dont mind losing, but when it hammers you like that, theres no fun in playing.

 

Onwards and upwards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The crisp man said:

£286 for a shot, that's just crazy. It reels you in to keep playing though as to me I always think, "well it cost £286 for one, so surely the next few are just going to drop straight in!" As I said the other day I did £420 in coral in similar circumstances on a super spins on action bank. I dont mind losing, but when it hammers you like that, theres no fun in playing.

 

Onwards and upwards!

Agreed, zero entertainment value, accept the volatility of it but at least when it cost £50 for my £286+£14 I would have got 6 sets of ultra spins rather than mind numbing watching them red bags go round 😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain having had another weekend of frollock and little fun saved only by a half arsed £350 win on Napoleon that left me a palatable £250 down on the day. Worse part was spending hundreds on Star Spins and never landing a bonus. Anyway King good luck with your self imposed exclusion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seaton-slots said:

I feel your pain having had another weekend of frollock and little fun saved only by a half arsed £350 win on Napoleon that left me a palatable £250 down on the day. Worse part was spending hundreds on Star Spins and never landing a bonus. Anyway King good luck with your self imposed exclusion 

Cheers, was actually in the casino last night for a meal but only spent £50 gambling.

what was amazing though was watching the Asian bloke in roulette go from having about £15k in front of him to about £5k back to £15k plus to £10,9,8,7...... Well you know how that story ends....

At no point did it look anywhere near “fun” for him, wiping his brow, pacing up and down etc.

Ive seen it before but again what strikes me is “how much do you want to win?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll tell you something, you know it’s time for a “sabbatical” when you’re out playing golf and you can’t get the tune from Rainbow Riches Drops of Gold out your head 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

I shit you not, happened to me today! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...