ENGLAND ASHES CRICKET - General Sports Betting Talk - Stop and Step

ENGLAND ASHES CRICKET

I understand that cricket isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I’m a massive fan of the sport and love betting on it 

the reason I’m leaving a post on this forum is to tell you the mistake on LADBROKES website

ENGLAND need to win 2 out of the final 4 tests to regain the ashes and wait for it wait for it...................

5/2 surely a mistake 

yep 5/2 shocking shocking odds 🤮🤮🤮

6 hours ago, DaveM said:

England need to win 3 to regain the Ashes.

Surely its 2, as they just have to win the series. The other matches could all be draws.

5/2 is definitely very tight on that, it's a 2 horse race though and bookies aren't renowned for their generosity 😏

They could be draws but there is the chance Australia could win them. To be certain of winning England need to win 3. And if Australia win 1 of the next 4 the only way England win is by winning all the remaining 3!

• 3 weeks later...

Remarkable game; with 20 runs required I actually had a couple of quid in play on the draw at 250/1. I'm pretty sure if here scores were level and England got skittled they would have paidout. It's just leach looked terrified every ball he faced

For future reference it wouldn't. A draw in test cricket means that a win loss scenario was not achieved because there was insufficient time. You would have needed to back 'tie' to get a payout.

Rules are different for limited overs BTW, as draw is not a possible result and it is a 2 option market if the scores are level you will get bets on either side refunded the same as if it was rained off no result

1 hour ago, DaveM said:

For future reference it wouldn't. A draw in test cricket means that a win loss scenario was not achieved because there was insufficient time. You would have needed to back 'tie' to get a payout.

Yes you're right; it's almost funny that the match would be a tie, but if you backed draw you wouldn't get anything; as draw bets are settled as losers 😅. It was only £2, but I would have been gutted if it had finished a tie.

Screenshot_20190825-192829_Samsung Internet.jpg

Archived