Making use of your winnings - Page 2 - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Making use of your winnings

Mentholdan

Damn, I tell a lie. The biggest thing I ever bought was a holiday. The ex and I back in 2005 (I think?) had a holiday booked to go to Ocho Rios in September. 10 days away, Caribbean sunshine, all inclusive..... bliss.

However, this was the year that they had unseasonable and deadly hurricanes. Sadly, a large portion of the island was totalled. 

3 days before we were meant to go on holiday, we went to the travel agents where we’d booked our holiday (at the time, I didn’t trust booking online!) rather anxiously but stubbornly confident.

’Hi, we’ve booked a holiday with you to Jamaica but obviously it’s looking unlikely... what can you do?’

’Ok Mr Haze, let’s have a look... well I’ve got some good news and bad news’

’ok *gulp*’

’the good news is that we can refund the holiday. However the bad news is that we can’t refund the £30 booking fee’

I felt relieved after that. The only thing to do now was book another holiday last minute - and we found a good deal in Corfu for about £1k cheaper. The bad news was that the refund wouldn’t be back in the joint account until 3-5 working days after. So I confidently said ‘don’t worry, I’ll stick it on my debit card’

My ex then said to me ‘how have you got thousands of pounds in YOUR bank account?’ I think I replied that she can pay for the spending money....

• 1 month later...

£700+ profit since Monday. Credit card paid off entirely as soon as I can pay in to the bank tomorrow 🙂

5 minutes ago, DaveM said:

£700+ profit since Monday. Credit card paid off entirely as soon as I can pay in to the bank tomorrow 🙂

Excellent, use the bookies money to pay your bills 😁

80 quid won in the pub after work. Wasn't even going but felt obliged to go to a leaving do for someone I barely know. Slipped off to go on the machines and was a good result

Archived