Virtual Grand National - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Virtual Grand National

Mentholdan

Tomorrow at 5.15 will see the virtual Grand National shown live on TV. All bookies will be laying the same odds across the board and will be taking win and each way bets to a max stake of £10O each way and all profits will going to NHS charities. Obviously you can only bet on line. 

The missus and I went to watch the Grand National in the pub last year and she put a shout out on her Facebook messenger seeing if anyone wanted to join us. Up pipes a vegan friend.....

’That’s the horse racing isn’t it?’

’yeah, we’ve picked a couple of horses each but just an excuse for us all to meet up for a beer - come join us!’

’no thank you. How can you watch that? All the horses are mistreated!’

Yeah.... all of the horses in the Grand National are in a terrible state. All malnourished and can barely walk. Those poor winners who are in such bad condition and then put out to stud... dreadful life.

ps - I have nothing against vegans, although I do hold a grudge against anyone who tries to force whatever ideologies and beliefs on anyone else. That’s why the Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t knock on my door anymore.

There was a knock on my door one day and when I opened it there stood two stunning drop dead gorgeous girls, about 21-22 years old. It soon became apparent they were jehovahs. Come in I said, have a cup of tea. Turned out they were sisters with personalities to match their looks. They came round once a fortnight for years until I moved. 

6 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

There was a knock on my door one day and when I opened it there stood two stunning drop dead gorgeous girls, about 21-22 years old. It soon became apparent they were jehovahs. Come in I said, have a cup of tea. Turned out they were sisters with personalities to match their looks. They came round once a fortnight for years until I moved. 

Haha! Mentholdan, you sly old dog! 🍻

40 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

Haha! Mentholdan, you sly old dog! 🍻

Yeah, this was when I lived in Mallorca. There was another time I spent the summer helping out in my friends bar, I was waiting on tables. One day two women sat on the bar terrace so I went out to serve them. One of the ladies was Isabella Rossalini "Ingrid Bergmans daughter" wow she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, the image of her mother. I met and worked for so many famous people when I lived there "I was there 25 years" never ever occurred to me to get a selfie or autographs. 

This is my idea of the first 5

1Anibale Fly 20/1. 2 Definitely Red 14/1. 3Tiger Roll 5/1. 4 pleasant Company 28/1. 5 Kimberlite Candy 16/1.  Its just a bit of fun to kill the boredom. 

16 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Used to be the same at my old house, never understood how they managed to recruit such amazing looking women to their ranks, although clearly their marketing team realised their best hope of new recruits was sending said women to knock on doors of local single men and try to save us!

Virgin Bet chucked me a free tenner yesterday evening, so Kimberlite Candy EW is a free shot on the virtual nags.  Probably have a few more as the day goes on given that it feels like a guilt free bet when my losses head to a better cause than the bookies back pocket 😁 

16 minutes ago, Mick said:

It will be a con by the bookies, do they let people who join up with draw any winnings without 20 forms of id...

And the animal rights protesters will still be out in force. 

Archived