My accounts closed - General Discussion - Stop and Step

My accounts closed

Mentholdan

Paddy Power phoned me the other day asking for proof of worth and of course I refused to divulge my private information. They closed my account for me and I later found out that my Betfair account had been closed as well. I’m a bit surprised because when I’d reached my deposit limit on PP I used to go over to Betfair and play there. Seems one minute they’re linked then another they’re not.

I’m now wondering how long it will be before I receive emails trying to entice me back? 😀

I’ve only ever had it once with PP. It was when my account was quite new. They phoned me and asked if I was comfortable with my gambling as I’d put a lot of bets on in a short amount of time. In reality, yes I’d put on 17 bets in about 10 minutes, but I was bored at home and it was on the ‘what odds Paddy’ section. Most were 10p, 20p, and it came to £4.70 in total.

They put me on ‘take a break’ for a week….

I’ve not had any issues since then, sounds like they’re cracking down though. 😞

Its not there job to put you on a break. This is governments fault and its a mess and wants gambling banned.  You dont need proof to enter a shop so why online.  You can get the money out of the bank in cash just as easy so i dont see the reason for the ID check other then CONTROL.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:58 PM, Mentholdan said:

I’m now wondering how long it will be before I receive emails trying to entice me back? 😀

Probably never to be honest, the regulations are extremely strict and very intrusive nowadays. On a plus side, I finally played Lady of Avalon for you, it's in Monday's video (06/05). No spoilers, but I'll revisit the game again another time 🙂 

• 9 months later...

People keep complaining to regulator when they lose money, and blame bookies for their own loses saying that they should have stopped them gambling, government now brought in new laws to fine bookies if they break new rules and laws so the covering themselves with stupid nonsense 

Small amount of idiots with absolutely no self control losing all their money and home running up huge debts , alcohlics do sue the pubs they drink in for marriage split ups because they pi**heads init, 

these people ruin it for everyone 

ok to complain if it genuine but blaming bookies for your own lack of self. Control is nuts