Don’t feel too clever - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Don’t feel too clever

Mentholdan

I was fine yesterday and woke up this morning feeling like I’d been hit by a bus. Luckily a mate of mine brought me some   Lemsip and honey round. Being ill is one thing but it’s the boredom that goes with it that’s just as bad. Not been playing slots though.

Well I hope you feel better soon and don't have what I've just got over. Horrible virus which gets right into the lungs causing coughing when trying to sleep and as a result been staying up late watching TV. To stave off boredom I've been getting my Cheltenham betting strategy sorted out. For some reason I'm really looking forward to this years festival. Think I've nailed the Gold Cup.

• Like 1

Had a bad cough and blocked throat for 2 weeks and throat finally clearing up but that cough still lingering on and off for about a month now. No different then normal winters though as i get ill every year with it. Apart from last 2 years as seen as gov closed every where so no mingling and was locked up which probably made it worse for this year. 

Hope you feel better soon and keep off the slots. I know how bored I got when I was signed off for 6 weeks last Christmastime  and it’s easy to lose a few hours and even more money when you’ve got nothing to do…

• Thanks 1

Speaking on the phone today to a mate of mine down in Brighton. His neighbour wasn’t too well for a few days and after checking in on him for a few days, cooking him a bit of grub etc. he finally persuaded him to call an ambulance and sure enough they took him to hospital and kept him in for a couple of weeks. He got the all clear to come home on Tuesday,  so my mate who had a key to the flat while he was in hospital decided to go in and clean the flat for him as a gesture. While cleaning the fridge he found three blocks of cheese all with a September 2022 use by date so he chucked  them in the bin. When his neighbour got home  he had a go at him for throwing out the cheese 😀 There’s a lesson to be learned.

If its the same as what I had, it'll be the constant coughing while trying to sleep which is the nightmare. However, an a non-asthmatic, I found an inhaler REALLY helped, and the relief is almost immediate.

Not sure whether it's "sensible" as such to take an inhaler when not asthmatic, but nonetheless it was available on the internet for sale so I tried it lol.

On 2/24/2023 at 12:38 AM, Groyd said:

If its the same as what I had, it'll be the constant coughing while trying to sleep which is the nightmare. However, an a non-asthmatic, I found an inhaler REALLY helped, and the relief is almost immediate.

Not sure whether it's "sensible" as such to take an inhaler when not asthmatic, but nonetheless it was available on the internet for sale so I tried it lol.

That what i had for 2 weeks and only had 3 hour at most sleep at night. I've had a kidney transplant and on immune system tabs etc. I also could taste a disgusting taste in back of my throat which has gone now but never lost taste or smell. I never felt ill and never off my food. I also Never had the flu jab or any jabs that they offer now. 

I kept out of shops and stayed in for the 2 weeks unlike the ones i see today. This morning i was in Corals and again saw someone nearly on floor couldn't get his breath which now he most likely past it on again. Same people that spouted mandates too. Just no consideration from a lot these days which all it needs.   

Edited by Skipper