Big Brother is watching you - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Big Brother is watching you

Mentholdan

I went into Metro Bank in the high street today, plonked my debit card on the counter and £50 cash and said I’d like to deposit this £50 cash into my account please. I was asked to remove my baseball cap so THEY “ that’s for the WOKES on here btw” could confirm mi ID ???

Fifty quid ???????? Into MY OWN account. Beggars belief.

I know they brought in regulations a few years ago to say that only the account holder can pay cash into that account, however usually you confirm yourself by entering your PIN? I’m not sure what they hope to establish by asking you to remove your cap though…?! 🤔 

It is so sad to see the way that banking is changing. If you have any physical money that you want to put into your own bank account, basically forget it. It's too difficult and it raises suspicion. It's just not worth bothering. Spend it in a shop.

😞

Yup mean while in the CORVID you could cover you face and even wear glasses. UK has become a prison. Do as i say or else.

Edited by Skipper

11 minutes ago, DaveM said:

It's remarkably easy to deposit cash. I've done it double digit times this summer. Plenty of branches have an automated machine.

Totally agree Dave and I wasn’t having a rant about that. My argument is that I’m 65 and I’m entitled to rant 😀 and that I just thought it was petty and they were just being arseholes basically. I’m in there about three or four times a week and the guys face was familiar to me as mine should have been for him. I had a quiet word with the manager today as again I deposited £50 and this time I wasn’t asked to remove my cap. I told him that I’ve lost most of my hair and that I’m very self conscious about it and it made me feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. 
I have lost most of my hair and I couldn’t give a toss but he doesn’t know that 😀

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Just say you identify your self as a hat?. Seems to work these days

Hmm, I went to a PUB last year for a pals birthday bash, a PUB not a club. I turned up, birthday card in hand, only to be refused entry by the big guy on the door because I wasn’t wearing shoes. I was in fact wearing a pair of Nike trainers which cost me £105 only a week or so before. I normally get my trainers for about £35 from sports direct but this time, like a fool, I went shopping with my young niece who made it crystal clear that these Nike trainers were what I should buy. Only the week before I bought her four year old son Frankie a pair of trainers for his birthday, his feet were no bigger than my fist but I still got stiffed for £55.

Anyway I digress, I said to the big guy on the door, “you see the DJ on the stage? Well it’s his birthday today and this is his private little party, would you see to it that he gets this card” and I returned home.

12 hours ago, DaveM said:

It's remarkably easy to deposit cash. I've done it double digit times this summer. Plenty of branches have an automated machine.

Keep doing it and you'll have the bank on the phone, after they've frozen your account, asking where every penny of that cash has come from.

I was doing nothing wrong, and I've had that phone call.

UK is in a shit state, can't do anything anymore without being asked a million questions about it.