Scratchcard - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Scratchcard

Mentholdan

Filled up with petrol yesterday and had £2 change to come so I said to the guy just give me a £2 scratchcard to round it up. £4 win, nothing special so I put it in my pocket. Went to buy a newspaper today and a choc bar, gave the guy in the newsagent the card and he said it was no good. I just put it down to his machine not working and handed it in at the supermarket only to get the same response. I thought maybe the original place I tried to cash it had swindled me so I phoned the number on the back of the card. 

I was told that these cards had expired and were no longer on sale. I explained that I only bought it the day before. They asked me for the address and postcode of the petrol station I bought the card so I googled the info while I was on the phone and gave it to them. I was told that I would not get the winnings unless I could prove I bought it yesterday, "cctv footage" I'm not going to bother obviously just for £4 but just think if I had won a substantial amount or even a jackpot, in all likelihood I would Not get paid out. 

IMG_20200306_230627.jpg

Point out to them it is not your responsibility to prove their sales agents are incompetent thieving turds and to give you your £4 and take up their grievance with the shitty retailer.

That’s terrible. And I can’t believe Camelot asked for CCTV footage?! You’d need to go to the police to obtain that, all for 4 measly pounds! Did they really think you were trying to scam them out of that?! 

Archived