Will Boris resign ?? - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Will Boris resign ??

Mentholdan

Definitely can’t stand the bloke he’s an absolute disgrace, not only that during lockdowns people were trying to earn a living and opened their salons or gyms one guy just got fined 56k for opening his gym, Doris and crew get fined £50! Absolute joke....

I quite like Boris, one of my local pubs is a free house and its practically next door to Carshalton Station which is on a direct line from Victoria. Boris used to travel down often for a few pints of real ale. What with Brexit and Covid and now this shitty war in Ukraine 🇺🇦 its not been the greatest few years to be a PM. As much as I like the guy though I think he should walk away. I doubt any party could have done a better job and anyone could have lost their grip under that sort of pressure. One thing this country has got into the habit of over the last ten years or so is that when anyone in a high profile job makes a mistake or a bad decision they go for the jugular and demand they lose their job. As much as I hate that, I think this time they're actually right for a change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

I quite like Boris, one of my local pubs is a free house and its practically next door to Carshalton Station which is on a direct line from Victoria. Boris used to travel down often for a few pints of real ale. What with Brexit and Covid and now this shitty war in Ukraine 🇺🇦 its not been the greatest few years to be a PM. As much as I like the guy though I think he should walk away. I doubt any party could have done a better job and anyone could have lost their grip under that sort of pressure. One thing this country has got into the habit of over the last ten years or so is that when anyone in a high profile job makes a mistake or a bad decision they go for the jugular and demand they lose their job. As much as I hate that, I think this time they're actually right for a change.

To be honest, I cheer when he (or anyone) does good things and boo when they do bad things. He did a good job with the vaccine rollout a year or so ago, I think we were topping league tables when it came to the amount of people vaccinated. Although I never really forgave him for the dilly dallying over Christmas 2020 - we were told that there’d definitely be no lockdown until after Christmas and we’d be free to enjoy the festivities with our families. Then on 19th December, he changed his mind and Southend went from tier 2 to the brand new tier 4 where pretty much everything was banned.