Nosey bastards - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Nosey bastards

Mentholdan

I had a nice win on Paddy Power yesterday £1200 so rather than wait the 2-5 days for payout I withdrew it onto my PP cash card. Then went to the "hole in the wall" and drew it out and then on to my bank to pay the cash in over the counter. To my amazement the cashier asked mee "where did the money come from?" I told her it was none of her business. I was then informed that I couldn't pay the money in unless I told them where the money came from. So I told her I had won it. She made a note of what I said onto her computer and that was that. In the 50 years that I've had a bank account I've never been asked where I got the money from.??? 

• Haha 1

tell them

you had a good week dealing drugs

your a male stripper and that was your takings

you'd just robbed the bank up the road

you've got an onlyfans account 

you only managed to smuggle in a couple of illegal immigrants this week and hoping that business picks up soon

you blackmailed a tory MP 

13 minutes ago, StopandStep said:

It used to be £3000+ that they would ask. Maybe they've changed the law, but I've not been asked for ages. All of my local banks have closed down anyway 😞

Yep same here in Sutton. My bank was TSB but when they told me they were closing the branch down I walked across the street "literally" and opened an account with Metro bank. They're open Sundays too, which is nice. 

Glad I’m a low roller, I played in Coral a few weeks back and walked out £17 up. If I tried to pay it in, my bank would probably still ask questions - ‘you actually want to make a deposit??! That’s unusual for you…. Very suspicious….’.

20 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

I had a nice win on Paddy Power yesterday £1200 so rather than wait the 2-5 days for payout I withdrew it onto my PP cash card. Then went to the "hole in the wall" and drew it out and then on to my bank to pay the cash in over the counter. To my amazement the cashier asked mee "where did the money come from?" I told her it was none of her business. I was then informed that I couldn't pay the money in unless I told them where the money came from. So I told her I had won it. She made a note of what I said onto her computer and that was that. In the 50 years that I've had a bank account I've never been asked where I got the money from.??? 

Its anti Money-laundering questions.

Problem is, people who are actually money laundering know how to do it without going to a bank and paying it in.

So all this law does is make it more difficult for legitimate customers to pay in their cash.

Pointless.

• Like 1