The Flying Dutchman's horseracing system. - Horse Racing - Stop and Step

The Flying Dutchman's horseracing system.

Mentholdan

In the late 60s and early 70s the number one horseracing paper was the Sporting Chronicle, it was a daily racing paper with a weekend paper called the Sporting Chronicle Handicap book. The latter came out on a Thursday and covered all the coming weekend racing, dogs and football. Even at the age of 12 I was glued to it all weekend. My dad was a huge racing fan with loads of books on racing and I also remember over the course of the weekend we would do the racing crossword and send it off hoping to win the prize, usually another book. 

The back page was dedicated to readers sending in their horseracing systems. One weekend they published a system sent in by a Dutchman called Van der Wheil, they nicknamed him the Flying Dutchman. His system was really simple to work out, you could find the selection in each race in about 30 seconds, no need for reference books, just a daily newspaper. You could use any daily paper to find the selections and the only thing you had to adhere to was that you always use the same newspaper or racing paper. The only other stipulation was that you could only use the system in races where ALL THE Horses had run at least three times. The system provided you with an in form horse and its also good for people who know nothing about racing to make selections using the format. For example someone going to the races for the first time with friends sayand not knowing one end of a horse from the other could use the system which made the selections for you. 

I'm going to put 4 selections every day for a month and put them in a lucky 15 every day and see if there's any profit or loss at the end of the month. Its just an experiment and a bit of fun mainly for me to see if it still works just as well after all these years. I'll also explain how it works of course at the end of the month. My only worry is finding the time every day as because of my work jobs can come up at any time. I should  be able to do it every evening for the following days racing and it'll be fun and who knows may even be profitable. 

Two winners and a third yesterday, skinny odds, so a loss on the day of just under £5. Rubbish racing today but the beauty of the system is that it doesn't matter how crap the racing is. 

IMG_20210808_125755.jpg

One winner yesterday with a return of £10.  So far that's 3 winners 2 seconds and one third from 8 selections. I'm down just under £10 after 2 days. Ideally I'd like to do a lucky 31 every day but it works out too expensive. I'll continue with lucky 15s and if I can get into profit I can up it to a lucky 31.

I was really busy yesterday and didn't have time to put up the image. There was 1 non runner and 3 losers, "see below" so as it stands it's a total loss of a few pennies under £30.

IMG_20210811_145159.jpg

I was really busy yesterday and didn't have time to put up the image. There was 1 non runner and 3 losers, "see below" so as it stands it's a total loss of a few pennies under £30.

With loads to do again yesterday I had no time to post the runners for system bet, but you can see it below now to keep it transparent. 4 losers yesterday so the balance stands at - £60 I've got more time today so the bet should be up before racing starts. IMG_20210813_083427.thumb.jpg.5a746fd74941577ededff358cbb0c64c.jpg

Very unlucky today with two winners and two seconds for a return of £23. I was also very unlucky with my other bet, a lucky 31 "see below" Marks Choice won at 20-1 and Gee Rex winning at 10-1 and Annie's Song at 5-1 just getting collared on the line cost me almost 2k but still a tidy £260 to come. 

IMG_20210814_203646.jpg